Chapter Twenty-Five

"I've never been so stressed in my entire life

"I've never been so stressed in my entire life." Cassiane whispered as they waited at the Great Hall to be called for the results of their exams.

Remus took her shaking hand in his and stroked her hair. "You haven't stopped studying since Christmas. Even Lily admitted that you're better prepared than her."

"True." Lily smiled. "I got too distracted, I guess." Her gaze landed on James who was stuffing his mouth with pancakes.

"Ah, so charming."

"Shut up Cassie."

Marlene gulped as professor Dumbledore appeared, holding a long list of names. Each student would have a private meeting with the Head of their house, but he would announce the names of the students that had succeeded.

The friends patiently waited for their turn, but Dumbledore didn't mention any of their names. Cassiane couldn't believe that none of them had passed the exams. Without hesitating she approached the headmaster and cleared her throat.

"Yes, miss Evans?" He asked, before turning around to face her.

"Professor, I noticed that you didn't mention any of my friend's names and I'm fairly certain that some of them did pass so, I was wondering if you could check again."

He smiled and nodded. "Tell your friends to meet me at my office in 10 minutes. Use the password Sherbet Lemon and I will explain your results."

Cassiane returned to her friends who had been staring at her the whole time.

"What did you possibly have to say to Dumbledore?" Lily asked while on the verge of tears. Being an excellent student her whole life, she had never expected to fail.

"I told him the obvious; we didn't fail those exams."

"That's quite a bold thing to say." Marlene argued. "Personally, I'm pretty sure I did."

Peter furrowed his brows. "And what did he tell you?"

"To meet him in the office in minutes."

"On your own?" Remus asked.

"No, all of us."

Keen to learn about their results, they hesitantly headed to the Headmaster's office. The boys and Lily had visited it before, for different reasons, so they found their way easily.

"It's the most impressive office in the school." The redhead prepared her girlfriends. "There are tons of peculiar objects-"