Chapter Ten

"Will you stop laughing like an idiot Cassiane?" Lily growled, hitting her cousin's head with a book

"Come on Evans! They all saw it, so now I deserve a chance!" James complained and kneeled in front of her. "Be my date to Hogsmeade and I won't bother you ever again."

She laughed, this time using the book to hit him. "No, Potter. I'm not ruining my night because of a stupid love potion. Who knows? Perhaps you made a mistake because there is no way I find you attractive."

Cassiane sighed. Her idea of studying together at the Common Room wasn't as good as she originally assumed. Remus looked quite fed up himself and their eyes met.

"Are you going to Hogsmeade, Cassiane?"

"I guess so... My parents will hopefully have enough time to sign the permission." She responded.

"That's great! Hey, eh, have you spoken at all with your brother about it?"

Cassiane smirked, aware of the real purpose of his question. "Philip may go but Faith has loads of homework. It's her final year at school, after all, and she's been there many times." She felt extremely satisfied that Faith couldn't come.

"Yeah, I understand." Remus stated. "Many people get bored after a couple of years."

Marlene appeared out of nowhere, holding dozens of coats and scarfs, enough to keep everyone warm. "Surprise! My mum sent me my brothers' old clothes. The boys are too old and sophisticated to wear them now, but I suppose that we could use them! It's more than chilly outside!"

Cassiane gratefully grabbed one of the clothes. She had completely forgotten to bring warmer clothes. "Thank you Marls!"

Remus wrapped a scarf around his neck and Lilly borrowed a pair of gloves, while Peter and Sirius messed around with the coats. James, on the other hand, wore his own.

They stood in line and waited for McGonagall to let them leave the castle, in order to visit the village close to Hogwarts. They had to walk there, which was quite exhausting, especially due to the snow. Cassiane struggled the most, being the shortest.

Philip took advantage of that rare chance to make fun of her, instead of giving his sister a hand.

Fortunately, the company arrived at Hogsmeade and as the boys had promised, they went to a crowded place to drink some warm Butterbear.

"Isn't Honeydukes lovely, Cassiane?" Lily asked. "Marls and I have been visiting this place since we were thirteen but I still love it!"

Cassiane nodded, focusing on James who was struggling to bring the glasses of Butterbear to their table. Peter stepped up and helped, avoiding the almost certain accident.

"This tastes so good!" Philip exclaimed.

"You have got to be kidding." Sirius told him. "You haven't drunk Butterbear before?"

"Nope."

Lily chuckled. "Had I known, I would have given you guys some last year when you came home for Christmas holidays."

"It's okay Lils. We eventually got to try it today." Cassiane said with a smile.

"Hey, we should definitely show you the Shrieking Shack." Marlene suggested. The boys clearly were upset because of her words for no obvious reason.

"It's freezing cold! I'm not leaving from here." Peter announced.

"Neither am I." Sirius repeated.

Lily rose her brow. She was familiar with the boys' occasionally weird behaviour but their denial of visiting the most traditional sight of the village had intrigued het curiosity.

That was exactly when three Slytherins entered the shop. Cassiane gazed at the entrance, only to see Snape, accompanied by Regulus Black and someone she didn't recognise. Her initial reaction was to glance at Sirius, who was staring at them too. Lily's look was priceless as well and the brunette couldn't decide which one seemed more shocked.

"What's Severus doing with.... them?" The latter mumbled.

"I have to admit Evans that I've always hated Snivelus, yet today he managed to disappoint me even more." Sirius growled.

"What do you mean? He's with your brother!" Cassiane protested.

"Family is not strictly defined by blood, Cassie." James reminded her, while checking at Lily. The poor woman had no idea what to do or say. Her whole life she had considered Severus one of the many good Slytherins. But knowing how badly the Blacks had treated Sirius, there was no way that her Severus would casually hang out with Regulus.

Snape's eyes met Cassiane's and she shivered. She hadn't forgotten his warning, back at the Hospital Wing, to avoid Remus. However, she couldn't exactly trust the Slytherin.

"Is there something wrong, Cas?" Remus questioned. He appeared to be quite worried too.

"I was about to ask you the same question."

He shook his head and took a sip of the butterbear. "Sirius suffered a lot by these people. I hate that he has to deal with his brother and constantly remember his abusive family."

"It's so unfair! He run away from them and tried so hard to forget about the past..." Peter added.

"You're right." She stood up from her seat and took Sirius's hand. "Do you need to leave, Sirius?"

He smiled at her. "I'm exactly where I want to be Cas. Let's not allow Regulus to ruin our little trip."

The woman nodded and mentally thanked her good luck for growing in a loving environment. She had learnt from Marlene that Sirius's parents had disowned their very own son, simply because he believed that all wizards and witches should be equal, Pureblood or not.

"I promise to crash him in our next Quidditch game." James hissed.

Much to Cassiane's confusion, Sirius forbid it. "Don't attack him in particular Prongs. You can't get in trouble because of him."

Then, the three Slytherins left, without even finishing their drinks, gaining everyone's attention.

A/N; Heyy!
Again, I completely forgot to update, sooo...
Sorry! Anyways, I'd love it if you could share this story with a friend. Thank you for your support so far, don't forget to comment or vote.