Chapter Three

"We've only known each other for a few hours but Cassiane, I believe I should let you know that waking up on at 6 in the morning is completely messed up

"We've only known each other for a few hours but Cassiane, I believe I should let you know that waking up on at 6 in the morning is completely messed up." Marlene said and hid under her blankets.

"I love the sunrise, Marlene. And I didn't even wake you up so you shouldn't be complaining."

"Well, you made a lot of noise..."

Cassiane shrugged and opened her closet. Lily had already prepared her uniform. Never having worn a uniform before, she would much rather be allowed to wear her cute outfits.

"I hate it! This sweater is terrible!"

"I know Cassie. Trust me, we've been wearing this for all these years and you'll eventually get used to it." Lily promised and offered to do her hair.

"No thank you, I'll just comb them. We're running out of time."

Marlene was not willing to get out of bed so Lily persuaded her, after mentioning the amazing breakfast the students had.

"Alright, you two, give me 5 minutes and we're ready to go!"

Truly, it didn't take her more than a few minutes to get ready and soon, they were at the common room. Surprisingly, Sirius was sitting on Lily's favourite armchair, reading one of their new books.

"What on earth are you doing, Black?"

"Oh, I had to check our books out! Herbology seems... extremely boring, as always."

Cassiane rose her brow and opened the book. "I kind of like it. This subject has potential.

He smiled, as that lesson had never been pleasant or interesting to him. "My books from the previous years are still in... excellent condition, as I didn't really open them. At all. You can have them.

"Thank you Sirius!"

"I'm starving so unless we're waiting for someone, we should eat breakfast." Marlene cut them off.

"The others got up early which means we're good to go." Sirius smirked and followed the girls out of the Gryffindor's Tower.

Just like Lily had predicted, breakfast was delicious. Pancakes, waffles, toasts, omelettes, boiled eggs and many other choices were proposed.
Cassiane aimed to try everything but within a while, she felt completely full.

"Who's anxious about the counseling meeting with McGonagall?" Peter asked them and took a bite of his stack of pancakes.

"I am. She'll definitely be mad at me when I mention I'm going to be an Auror." Sirius explained.

"Wait, Cassiane, how are you going to chose your classes? You didn't take the OWLS last year." James stated.

"Well, professor McGonagall evaluated my abilities and I passed some short of exams she created. I guess she'll explain everything to me during our meeting."

Remus looked away and his gaze landed on Philip. He had gathered a bunch of girls around him and while he looked uncomfortable he didn't seem to do anything to help himself. "Cassiane, perhaps you should invite your brother here, with us."

She glanced at him and shook her head. "Maybe tomorrow. It's almost time to leave."

Remus took a ship from his hot chocolate and tried not to panick. Unlike his friends and classmates he was well aware that no matter what McGonagall advised him, he would never be able to do a real job. No employer would hire a werewolf and if he attempted to hide the information, everyone would notice his frequent absence.

"You drifted away again." Cassiane whispered. They were currently standing at the line, waiting for their turn to discuss with the professor.

"It's another bad habit of mine." He quickly joked, to hide his embarrassment.

"What are your other bad habits?"

"Sometimes I stare, I oversleep and I eat tons of chocolate."

"Those are your bad habits? I didn't even consider those things bad until now!"

Remus smiled softly. "They're only bad when I get in trouble, because of them."

James walked out of the office where the meeting took place, looking very proud of himself. "McGonagall allowed me to give it a shot to become an Auror. However, she won't hesitate to kick me out of her class, if necessary."

"That sounds fair." Remus commented.

"What are you going to do, Rem?"

"I... I've been thinking that I should be a teacher."

"Professor Moony! I love the sound of it. Cassiane, what would you like to become?"

She chewed the inside of her cheeks. "I'll become a healer, like my mom."

"That's great! Why were you so reluctant to tell us?"

"Because I was worried you might think it is too boring." Cassiane replied.

James smiled and tapped her back. "How is saving people's lives boring? Oh, it must be your turn!"

She smiled brightly at him and quickly walked to the office. He looked at Remus who had a stupid grin plastered on his face.

"What?"

"You're going to make the poor girl fall in love with you."

"Not gonna happen." He assured his friends.

"Prongs, I'm telling you, she's so into you."

"Funny, I was about to say the same for you. You didn't see the way she was looking at you, during breakfast. And you didn't even spared a glance."

Remus rolled his eyes. "Even if she was interested in me, which is definitely not the case, I would never be able to have a relationship with her, because-"

"You're a werewolf and you don't want to hurt her, emotionally or physically." James finished the sentence, tired of hearing it all the time.

"Exactly."

"She's pretty though. Nothing like Evans, but she's your type."

"I don't have a type!" Remus protested.

"Come on, brown hair, blue eyes, possibly a good student? She's perfect for you!" James said, the corners of his lips twitching.

"What are two talking about?" Lily questioned, while approaching them.

"Yesterday you didn't defend Snivelus as usual, Evans, and don't get me wrong, I'm not annoyed but have you finally realised how creepy he is?" James effortlessly changed the subject.

"No. Where's my cousin Remus?"

"She's in the office."

The redhead walked away from them, visibly mad at James.

"Wow, James, you know how to talk to a lady."

A/N; Heyyy!
First and foremost, I hope you're all doing great.
I just wanted to let you know that there's nothing going on between Cassiane and Sirius. Ben Barnes and Anna Popplewell played  Prince Caspian and Susan in the second Narnia movie, but in this case, the fanfiction is about Remus!
Don't forget to comment and vote!