Chapter Thirty

"I can't believe it

"I can't believe it." Gideon repeated over and over, as James and Sirius fought to hold back their laughter. "You are grown men! For Merlin's shake, Black, you'll have a kid in a couple of months-"

"-Congratulations by the way-" Fabian interrupted.

"- and you performed magic in front of two muggles? Two of them? Do you have any idea what the Order went through to find them?"

Marlene sighed and snacked on the nuts that Lily had placed on the table. "We are not here to argue Prewett. We are supposed to be celebrating!"

"Yeah, celebrate their idiocy."

Fabian secretly smiled at James, who along with Sirius, had taken down a couple of death eaters, using the latter's new motorcycle. Unfortunately, they had been seen performing magic by the muggle police men and tracking them down to erase their memories had been difficult.

"Well, I think Marlene is right." Peter joined in, raising his glass of firewhiskey. "We should be talking about Sirius and Sharon."

James smirked and happily raised his glass, along with others. Even Gideon stopped his lecture, while Sharon was heavily blushing. "To Dadfoot."

Those that were aware of the true nature of Sirius' nickname burst into laughter while the man himself spit his drink on Gideon, amusing the rest even more. The oldest Prewett growled something under his breath and judging by Sirius' look of terror, Cassiane preferred not to hear about it.

"Gideon and I recently became uncles!" Fabian mentioned proudly, hoping to distract his upset brother, who adored his nephews.

"Really?" Sharon asked, glad to hear that someone was going through the same situation.

"Yeah. Our sister Molly had twins this April. They're quite a pain in the-"

"GIDEON PREWETT!" Marlene shouted on the top of her lungs. "Don't you dare use that inappropriate word in front of your students!"

Remus almost rolled of his seat as he laughed and James patted Marlene's head and pretended to tear up. "Marlene has officially spent way too much time around us."

"Definitely." Lily grinned. "I can barely recognize you Marls."

"I would like to speak on a more serious tone." Sirius stated. However his words not only didn't persuade his friends to stop giggling, but caused some of them to laugh even more.

"Sirius is going to speak seriously." Cassiane shouted between giggles.

"Brace yourselves!" Remus continued.

"Blimey Moony, I was counting on you." Sirius said, the corners of his lips twitching. All the guests were now interested in whatever he wanted to talk about.

"Spill it Black." Gideon encouraged him.

"So, we've all realized that we live in dangerous time. Sharon and I were discussing the other night and we wanted to ask you for a favour."

"If anything should happen to us-"

James interrupted her, shaking his head. "Nothing is going to happen to you, we shouldn't be having this talk now."

"No James, let Sharon finish." Remus argued, having witnessed the cruelty of the death eaters from first hand.

"As I was saying, if anything goes wrong and we can't take care of that child, we want to ensure that one of you, will be their legal guardian."

Sirius smiled at her and took her hand. "Cas, Remus, will you be the god parents of our child?"

~~~

"Why would I be joking about something so important?"

Remus and Cassiane had returned to their house after the gathering and since she had forced him to accept Sirius' proposal, they had a few things to consider.

"You saw me after the full moon, Cas. We can't have a kid running around-"

"It's just a precaution. Most likely, we'll just become god parents which isn't so bad in my humble opinion."

Remus sighed, aware of the fact that she was probably right. Each member of the Order had the best protection they could have asked for and unless something went terribly wrong, he would have nothing to worry about.

A beautiful dark brown owl knocked on the window. He opened it immediately, since he recognized the bird that belonged to his father, Llyal. He took the letter and the owl flew out of the house without any warning.

"We should tell your dad to use different owls each time. Perhaps he could sign with a nickname, in case the letter falls into the wrong hands." Cassiane suggested but Remus didn't seem to be paying any attention to her words. "I have this feeling that I'm currently talking to a wall."

He rumbled the paper and threw it in the trashcan.

"Why did you do that?"

"My mum is sick and while I knew for a while, he just decided to tell me that she's dying."

Cassiane sighed, unable to believe that Llyal would hide something so important from his own son. "Did he take her to Saint Mango's?"

"Yeah, last month. They could only show him how to prepare a potion to ease her pain." He replied. Remus loved his parents dearly, but his mother Hope, had always been his weakness. In spite of being a muggle, that extraordinary woman had accepted and embraced Remus, as both a wizard and a werewolf. In fact, she would regularly argued with her husband when he would say that their son would be excluded by both the wizarding and the muggle community. She was his biggest supporter, even when no one else believed in him.

"I'm so sorry Rem... she sounds like such a wonderful person. She deserves better than this."He rested his head on her shoulder and squeezed her hand.

 "My dad also invited us to a family dinner this Saturday, to brighten up her mood."

"You should go, I might spend the day with Sharon and Marls- Wait... He invited me too?" She questioned.

The tiniest hint of smile appeared on Remus' lips and he nodded. "Look, I don't want to put any more pressure on you, it's fine, I will go alone."

"Nope, I'm coming. Just help me find something nice to wear, will you?"

A/N; Hi everyone!
It took me a while to update, but school was officially began after our Christmas break, so I was a little busy.
Thank you so much for reading! Please don't forget to vote, comment and share this with a friend who might be interested.
See you tomorrow,
Athanasia ❤️