Chapter Twenty-Four

"I love your hair today Lils

"I love your hair today Lils." Cassiane whispered as the girls walked to the Quidditch Pitch.

"I swear, I'd punch you if we were alone right now." She threatened.

"It's so sweet that you made french braids, right after James said they suit you."

Lily stung out her tongue and moved ahead along with Peter. Cassiane smirked and looked over her shoulder, to see that Remus had caught up with them.

"Hi! So... you're going to watch the game after all?"

He rose his brow. "No, as a really sportive person I decided to go for a run, just like I always do."

"I thought we agreed not to be sassy towards each other." Cassiane smirked.

"Aw, sorry."

"You're not really apologising now, are you?"

Remus stared at her with confusion. "I...was but I guess it was not necessary?"

"Lucky you." Peter laughed with Cassiane. "His first reaction was to apologise."

Remus crossed his arms. "Stop teasing me, please."

"Of course hon."

The Pitch was crowded with students, as usual. However, that particular day, the Gryffindors barely managed to find a seat, thanks to Lily, who had make sure to save them a few.

"Okay, this time, James has to win." Sirius stated, showing off his Gryffindor makeover. He had paint his whole face red and the name of the house with capital golden letters.

"Right... And then I am the one trying to impress James." Lily told Cassiane, who shrugged.

"Sirius will always be his first love."

"Keep it down!" Peter scolded them. "The team just arrived."

"The whole stadium is talking and you're complaining about us?" Sirius argued.

"Well, you annoy me the most."

Marlene scored the first goal of the match, against Slytherin. The game was very important to both houses as they had never hidden their rivalry.

"Yes! Kick their reptile asses!" Sirius cheered, causing the player to glare at him.

Cassiane laughed and joined him, as she had never wanted their team to win again so badly. The Slytherins had created an excellent team, but James had also gathered many great players.

"If we win the Cup, James will never shut up about it."

"Well, there's always a price right?" Remus replied. "Though, I believe that those Beaters will definitely hit him in the head, if he continues to provoke them. The injury could cause amnesia."

"Oh, yes, of course. Thanks, that's so much better."

Regulus Black almost touched the Snitch, but thankfully, for the Gryffindors, a Black ball crushed his fingers. He cried in pain and pulled his wand, in order to heal it on his own.

"Didn't know he was skilled in this kind of spells." Peter muttered to Sirius who rolled his eyes.

"I suppose he's been learning plenty of things from his new... friends."

"I heard there was another attack-" Peter continued but Cassiane gave him a stern look.

"We'll talk about it after the game."

Slytherin scored again and had equal points with Gryffindor which caused more frustration to both sides.

James grabbed the Quaffle and scored another goal, bringing a smile to Lily's face, who blushed when he winked at her.

He then returned to the game and flew by the side of Marlene who was angrily talking about the Slytherin's beaters.

"Lily! As the biggest fan of us all-"

"- that's debatable-" Sirius interfered.

"-do you have any provisions?" Cassiane asked.

Lily sighed and scanned the Pitch. "It's hard to tell Cas... Our team is great but  I doubt that our Seeker will grab the Snitch before Regulus. He's unstoppable today."

Sirius nodded. "Yeah... We gotta tell James to keep an eye on him."

"How? There's so much noise I can barely hear you."

"I brought a banner so you could write the message on it. I mean, there's a higher chance he'll see it." Peter explained.

"You're a life saver!" Sirius exclaimed (A/N: quite the opposite Sirius 😭) and grabbed the banner. "Evans, do you think you could write something?"

"Which Evans?"

"I don't care, just hurry."

Lily used her wand to draw bigger letters. "Eyes on the black"

"He won't understand what we mean. At least use a capital letter at the beginning of his name." Cassiane objected.

"I don't wish to provoke our opponents, Cas. I'll only write this and hope for the best."

Sirius opened the banner and along with Remus they held it as high as they could. James' eyes immediately landed on it and somehow, he made the connection, as he headed towards Regulus.

"So he does have a brain after all... Good to know." Remus stated, the corners of his lips twitching.

"When I first met you Rem, I thought you'd be the innocent one. I guess I was wrong." Cassiane mumbled, enjoying his sarcastic comments.

"Terribly wrong." Sirius verified.

Meanwhile, James was constantly following Regulus and when he couldn't, he had asked from Marlene to do so. Their tactic had been successful so far, as they distracted the Slytherin and didn't allowed him to concentrate on the Golden Ball.

While Regulus was trying to fly away from James, the Gryffindor's seeker grabbed the Golden Snitch. The whole stadium, apart from Slytherin, cheered and Gryffindor's team gathered around their proud captain.

However, James had other plans; he flew towards Lily and offered his hand. "Would you like to go for ride with me?"

Cassiane's jaw dropped as Lily actually used a broomstick. She was shivering and screaming as they took off, but she wrapped her arms around James and stayed quiet for the rest of the flight. Then, as they landed outside the pitch, the Head Boy and Girl kissed and this time, everyone was cheering and clapping.

"James' such a drama queen."

"He's nothing compared to you, Sirius." Peter shut him off and watched his friends with a proud smile.

"These two were always meant to be." Cassiane said to herself as the school photographer captured the moment and handed her the photo.

A/N; Happy new year everyone! I hope you're doing great!
I know that I didn't update in a few days but I was trying to take some time off and rest for a while.
Anyways, I'm back now and I'll post two chapters today, to make up for the days I didn't.
Thanks for your patience,
Athanasia ❤️