Chapter One

"You're early Remus

"You're early Remus."

"So are you James."

The two men hesitantly smiled before falling into each other's arms. For the first time after a few years they hadn't met in almost three months, mainly due to James's parents who hadn't stopped visiting different countries.

"I can't help but notice that you've tanned, my friend." Remus teased him and James sighed.

"You have no idea... I honestly thought that my parents were too old to go camping but they did. And as if that wasn't enough, they had to drag me with them."

"Poor thing! You want to know what I did this summer?"

"Not really-"

"I read my mom's whole book collection for the tenth time, ate countless chocolate bars and went to the beach approximately zero times." Remus recalled.

"Sorry mate. I shouldn't be complaining."

Someone jumped in front of them, preventing them from moving forward. "Good morning gentlemen. How are you today?"

"I'm good. How have you been Sirius?"

He grinned and tightly hugged them. "Did you miss me Moony?"

"Nah... Hey, didn't you go camping?" Remus wondered.

"Of course I did! I offered to leave James and his parents alone, to spend some family time but they insisted I should go with them and I'm glad they did. We had a good time, Prongs, didn't we?"

James nodded, while the men approached the Hogwarts express. "Yeah. Has any of you seen Pete?"

"I'm right behind you!" Peter called and waved at them. They could barely see him as he was carrying all of his luggage. Remus rushed to help him and realised that unlike the rest of their friends, Peter hadn't grown an inch during the summer.

"That's a lot of stuff Peter. Are you sure you need all of them?"

"My mum forced me to bring more clothes. She's worried I might catch a cold and she doesn't really trust Madame Pomfrey."

James rolled his eyes and glanced at the clock. "It's almost time boys. Let's say goodbye to our parents."

Over the years, their parents, except from Sirius', had met on multiple occasions and they usually enjoyed each other's company, despite their differences. As they waited together, at Platform Nine and Three Quaters, they were all excited to see the boys.

"I want to remind you that this year is crucial for your future career. Don't make the mistake of falling behind your work like many sixth years before you." Mr Potter advised them while his wife wrapped her arms around their son.

Sirius awkwardly standed next to Peter, who also received a lot of kisses and hugs from his mother. Euphemia Potter grabbed his hand and forced him to come closer.

"Be careful Sirius, will you?" She said while hugging him. "I'm going to miss having my boys home."

He blushed but deeply appreciated her gesture. Fleamont Potter mimicked her, showing affection to both him and James. "Try to stay out of trouble. You too, Sirius."

Hope and Lyall smiled at their son who had grown taller than his father. "Have fun son. We can't wait to see you during Christmas." His mother kissed him on the forehead and handed him a large book. "It's a new one, just for you."

After the four teenagers had settled in their compartment they waved at the parents who could barely hold their tears.

"That went well." James muttered under his breath and collapsed on an empty seat.

"I'm positive that your mother is getting more worried every year Wormtail." Sirius joked.

"I guess so... Can you blame her though? You and James have some short of bad reputation and it seems to affect Remus and I too."

Remus frowned. "I don't need their reputation to be considered dangerous Wormtail."

"Stop bringing that up. She has no idea." Peter stated, to convince his friend that his lycanthropy remained a well kept secret.

"You should be able to trust as a little bit more by now." Sirius suggested. "If we wanted to betray you do you think that we would have gone through the Animagus process?"

The young werewolf shook his head. "I'm sorry guys. Last month's transformation was terrible. Dad won't admit it, but I'm sure that I... or the wolf... almost broke into our house."

Peter gulped. As Remus grew up, so did the creature he transformed into during full moons and none of them felt confident that they would be able to calm it down.

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation. Marlene MacKinnon peeked behind the door and smiled brightly.

"Hello everybody! How was your summer?"

"Great. Me and James went camping, the others ate ten times per day. What did you do?" Sirius smirked.

"I went to my family's lake house. Sorry for the interruption but I really wanted you boys to meet someone, even though Lily will probably kill me." The blonde explained. "So, will you come with me?"

"Will Evans be there?" James asked and she nodded. "Okay then, lead the way."

They quickly arrived at the girl's compartment and Marlene walked in without hesitation.

"Hey Lils! Look who came to visit us!"

Lily turned around and knitted her brows. "Why are all of you here?"

"I brought them, alright? Where's Cassiane?"

"I'm here!" A young woman informed them and approached the visitors.

Remus exchanged a look with Sirius who appeared to be quiet confused. "Hey, who are you?"

"I'm Cassiane Evans, Lily's cousin and you must be Sirius Black." She guessed correctly, causing him to rise a brow. "Lily has told me everything about Hogwarts and Gryffindor. I think I can name you all... The one with the glasses is James, you are Peter and you... Oh, are you Remus?"

He smiled and offered his hand. "Yes. Pleasure to meet you."

She shook his hand and invited them inside the compartment. Lily's complaints about the lack of space where totally ignored and James sat right next to her, which resulted in the young woman being extremely annoyed. However, she was aware she had to be patient, since the boys were probably going to stay until the end of the ride.