Chapter Seventeen

Remus gulped as the Slytherin pointed at him with his wand

Remus gulped as the Slytherin pointed at him with his wand. "Remus Lupin is an abomination. He's a werewolf."

Cassiane laughed, convinced that Snape was lying. "Is he now?" However, after noticing how upset the boys looked, she knitted her brows. Could Remus, the sweetest and purest man she had ever met, be a werewolf?

Severus realised with satisfaction that none of the girls had been told the truth and grinned. "You don't have to believe me, obviously. But I'd stay away from him, if I were you." He warned, mainly directed to Faith.

As Snape headed back to the castle, the Hufflepuff stared at her boyfriend in disbelief. "Is it... is it true, Remus?"

He nodded, defeated, before wiping a few tears from his face. "I'm sorry."

"No... no, you had no right." She shouted at him. "You had no right to hide this from me!"

Remus lowered his head and kept his eyes on the ground, too embarrassed to face Faith. His worst nightmares had come to life, because of an ignorant Slytherin and the people closest to him would never treat him the same way again. "I wouldn't do anything to hurt you, Faith."

"Lying to me for the past seven months has been quite hurtful, Moony. How clever! Who else has been helping you the whole time?

Peter proudly raised his hand, followed by James and Sirius. "Nothing has to change, Faith." The last said. Cassiane slightly pinched him, to explain that he should probably stay out of the conversation.

"Look at yourselves, boating for befriending him. People like you should be kept in a cage."

Cassiane did her best to contain herself and to not attack the other woman. She was aware of how aggressive a werewolf could be when in their wolf form, however Remus seemed to be able to handle his monthly transformations.

"That's a bit unfair, don't you think Faith?" Remus stuttered as he reached his hand to touch her hand. Faith flinched and moved away from him.

"Let's go Philip. We can't be seen with him anymore."

Cassiane suspiciously glanced at her brother, who shrugged. "Nah, I don't mind." A hint of smile appeared on Remus' lips as Philip pat his shoulder.

Faith rolled her eyes. "You might be out of your minds but I'm sure that professor Dumbledore-"

"Do you honestly think that Hogwarts' headmaster doesn't know about me? You can do better than this, Faith."

"Hilarious. I've met a werewolf before, Remus, when he sneaked in my niece's bedroom and teared her apart. There's no way in hell I'm going to let you destroy someone else's life."

Remus' heart sunk as he imagined how dramatically his life would be affected if Faith shared that secret. "I can't blame you for hating me. Perhaps I had it coming. But, please Faith, if you ever liked me, don't ruin everything I've fought so hard to win."

She sighed, gazing at the castle. Faith's family had been mourning for years over the loss of her niece. A few minutes before she could have sworn that Remus wouldn't hurt a fly. After Snape's revelation, she wasn't certain anymore.

"I won't talk about it, as long as you don't contact me again. None of you that support him."

The rest of them nodded and watched silently as Faith practically run to some other Hufflepuffs. Then, Remus broke down.

"I- I'm so, so sorry. Apart from a werewolf, I'm also a coward and a liar. I will definitely understand if you'd rather keep your distance. It's probably for the best too; your reputation could be in danger if you're associated with a monster like me."

Lily smacked her forehead. "A monster like you? Remus, you should only be feared when someone steals your chocolate."

Cassiane smiled encouragingly. "I wish you had shared this earlier but it makes sense that you kept it a secret. Don't beat yourself up for Faith. You can't change who you are and she simply couldn't accept it."

"Like, what are you supposed to do?" Marlene wondered, the corners of her lips twitching. "You don't have to apologise for anything."

"Thanks." Remus uttered, as he exchanged a look with Cassiane. She hugged him, searching for a way to make him comfortable and calm.

Sirius winked at Peter who giggled, while James attempted to do the same with Lily, although he failed once again.

The brunette pulled away, noticing how heavily Remus was blushing. "Sorry if I-"

"Please, don't apologise." He cut her off.

"Alright lovebirds. Don't get me wrong, I hate to interrupt but it's time to pack our things. The train leaves this afternoon." Marlene reminded them.

The Gryffindors agreed to meet again at the train and each them headed to their dorm.

"So... You may have a chance with Remus, now that Faith despises us." Lily told Cassiane.

"He's clearly still in love with her. And, this is not our biggest problem, after all. You just found out that he's a werewolf and chatting about our future relationship doesn't feel right."

"Would you reject him, because of that?" Marlene asked.

"That's not what I said, Marls. Remus has a lot of things that trouble him and I doubt he'd like to be in a relationship again so quickly."

Lily opened her suitcase and used her wand to place her folded clothes inside. "Yes, you have a point. However, Remus will need all the emotional support we can give him and he'll appreciate having someone like you."

"We will see." Cassiane grinned. "Wait, how about you and James?"

"What about it?"

Marlene rose her brow. "Come on Lily! You're not even angry at him for hexing Snivelus."

"You're wrong, I'm actually angry with both of them."

The girls carried their luggage to the Common Room where the Marauders had already arrived.

"Ready boys?"

Remus smiled at Cassiane. "Ready."

A/N; The secret's out! I really enjoyed writing this chapter, I felt like finally taking something off my chest. So, please leave a comment or a vote, if you liked it and if you want, tell a friend about my fanfiction. Also, quick reminder; I haven't made any of the gifs I've been using. I downloaded them all from Pinterest.
Thank you all,
Athanasia ❤️