Chapter Twenty-Two

The days following the Potters' death, were the hardest for Cassiane

The days following the Potters' death, were the hardest for Cassiane. In addition to James and Sirius grieving, Remus was going to face the full moon and they had more homework than ever.

The only bright side, was that James new duties as a Head Boy, along with Quidditch, were the perfect distraction from the tragic events.

"You seem a little bit under the moon." Sirius joked softly, while they were studying.

"I guess so. The full moon stress me out and tonight I gotta go to work too."

"Wait, you're still working at the infirmary?" Sirius questioned.

"Yep. Remus also informed Madam Pomfrey that I've learnt his secret and she was delighted. Dumbledore gave me his permission to help out with the transformations." Cassiane told him proudly.

"That's great Cas. But what are you going to do with Slughorn's essays? You're supposed to hand them tomorrow and you haven't even started!"

"Don't worry. I sent the details to Philip and he will have answered until 7 o'clock when my shift starts."

"You're a genius. Do you think he could prepare mine too?"

"No, I don't." She smirked.

James joined them, bringing three cups of hot tea. "Hey. I just received a letter from a distant cousin that organised the funeral. Dumbledore gave me his permission for all of you so if you wish to come..."

"Of course I will."

"Thanks Cassie and I've been meaning to apologise for the other day... I didn't  understand how rude I was."

Cassiane shook her head. "I totally understand, Prongs."

"Oh, I almost forgot; Remus is alone in the boys' dorm, as Madam Pomfrey instructed. Perhaps you'd like to keep him company?"

Sirius hid a mischievous smile, while Cassiane shrugged. "Perhaps I would..."

Remus usually preferred to isolate himself, so Cassiane couldn't stop grinning as she walked up the stairs to his room. It meant a lot to her that he was opening up about his condition.

"Hey."

Remus was resting on his bed, a hint of smiled on his pale face. "I missed you these days."

"I know... Something seems to be happening all the time." She frowned and joined him. "How are you feeling?"

"Fantastic."

Cassiane rose her brow. "The truth Rem."

"I'm honestly better now, that you're with me." He whispered, as he hid under two blankets.

"Oh? Then, I shouldn't leave you."

"Definitely not!"

Cassiane cuddled with him and placed a few soft kisses on his face. She knowingly avoided the worst of his scars, as touching them would make Remus uncomfortable. He appeared to be more relaxed under her touch.

"Blue is your colour." Remus mentioned, as he gazed upon her. "I love this sweater on you."

"It's yours." She reminded him.

"Really? It fits you better."

~~~

"I don't have a date for the Ball!" Lily stormed inside the girls' dorm and knocked off a pile of Marlene's books.

"Sucks for you, Evans."

"Shut up Marls."

"No, no, I won't. You rejected two boys yesterday and they were fine! Not just average. They looked amazing and you straight up said no!"

Cassiane pretended not to listen and quietly hummed a Christmas melody while wondering which dress to pick for the Christmas Ball.

"I did, because I barely known them." Lily defended herself.

"You're a terrible liar."

"What do you mean?" She crossed her arms.

Marlene sighed and looked away. "You want to go with James."

The brunette couldn't resist anymore and took Marlene's side. "Lily, I've known you my whole life. If you don't say something to James now, you'll regret it."

"But... I'm confused! What if I'm wrong or if he ruins it?"

"You'll never know unless you risk it." Marlene replied.

"Isn't it too late?" The redhead asked, nervously biting her bottom lip.

Cassiane watched at her clock. "Nope. You still have... five hours."

Lily didn't have to do much though, as she stumbled upon James at the common room.

"Evans, before you go, just know that I'd love to take you to that ball. And, keep in mind that this is the last time you can reject my proposal so don't-"

"I'll come with you." Lily said confidently.

"You don't need to answer immediately- Wait... Really?"

"Yeah."

James had a huge grin plastered on his face for the rest of the night, and he wasn't the only one.

All of them had been anticipating for that moment. Everyone that night was talking about James Potter and Lily Evans, the Head Boy and Girl that finally seemed to realise they were meant to be.

Remus half smiled at his date, who had taken his breath away, as she wss dancing with Peter in her dark purple dress.

"Pete... Would you mind if I steal Cassie?"

"Not at all. Have fun lovebirds." Peter assured him and headed to the table where Marlene was seating.

Cassiane smiled playfully and gazed at him. "Oh my Remus. How am I supposed to keep up?"

Truth to be told, Remus was quite impressive as well. James had helped a little bit to style his hair and Sirius had taken care of the outfit.

"Trust me, Cas, there's no one in this room, maybe not in the world, that can compete with you."

She smirked as they danced. "Not even Faith?"

Remus groaned. "Of course not."

"Don't get grumpy. I was messing around."

He nodded and kept his arm around her waist. "Remind me, love, what did I say your colour was?"

Cassiane pretended to think hard. "Blue?"

"Ah, I was wrong. You owe them all."

"Remus, you're making me blush." She said quietly as they were dancing close to the professor's table.

"Sorry... It's just that I love you and I can't shut up about it."

Their eyes met as Cassiane leaned in for a kiss. "Love you more."

A/N; Heyyy!
I've been waiting forever to write eome fluffy chapters for our... lovebirds. By rhe way, sorry for not updating yesterday.
I love you all very much and I hope that you're having a great time!
Athanasia ❤️