Chapter Thirty-Four

Michelle Black quickly became the Order's most popular member

Michelle Black quickly became the Order's most popular member. She always had visitors who apparated from a long way to see her, including Dorcas Meadowes, the Prewetts and even Dumbledore himself.

"I swear, they act like she is some short of queen!" Sharon confessed to her girlfriends when they finally managed to get together one afternoon. "They pass by and they hand me all those gifts! Last night Peter and Fabian left at twelve o'clock and they didn't stop playing with her."

Truth to be told, Michelle had brought much joy to the Order. They were constantly losing people and having a baby girl among them, gave them hope and strength. She reminded them what they were fighting for, the future of those innocent children, who had nothing to do with that war.

Marlene was over the moon with the baby, acting as if she hadn't seen one in her life again."Oh Sharon, she's adorable! I find it impossible to believe that someone so pure and beautiful could be related to Sirius!" The blonde commented.

"Keep it low, Marls or he'll hear you." Cassiane giggled, while carefully picking up Michelle from her crib. The baby didn't seem to mind, which surprised her mother.

"I'll invite you over more often Cassie, if that's okay with you."

Sirius descended down the stairs, wearing a ridiculous pair of pyjamas that didn't even fit him at the first place. He drugged his feet on the way to the kitchen, where Sharon had already prepared hot coffee. However, he immediately smiled at the sight of his daughter. "Hello to everyone except from Marlene who was teasing me earlier. Give me my baby Cas."

Sharon rolled her eyes but couldn't hide her smile. "I have a letter for you on the table to your left... The address was a bit weird... 12 Grimmauld place? Does that ring a bell?"

Sirius handed Michelle to Cassiane and nervously opened the envelope. Lily furrowed her brows, knowing that this was the address of the house he had grown up. She couldn't imagine why Walburga or Regulus Black would sent Sirius anything, since he had been disowned.

"Is that bad, Lils?" Cassiane asked quietly, receiving a nod from her cousin.

"It can't be good." Marlene added, which worried Sharon even more.

"What is it, Sirius?"

He folded the letter with shaking hands but pretended to be indifferent. "It's from my mother." The tone of his voice revealed his disgust for her and the women recalled how abusive his family had been. However, the sender didn't even seem to be the worst part. "Regulus is dead."

Cassiane bit her lip, remembering her conversation with the young Black a few months ago, when Michelle had been born. She had spotted something suspicious in his behavior back then, but due to him being a Death Eater she hadn't payed a lot of attention. She decided not to bring it up, as it wouldn't help anyone.

"I'm sorry." Sharon whispered, pulling him into a hug.

Cassiane remained silent, unsure of what Sirius wanted to hear. He used to love Regulus when they were younger, but the war had changed everything.

"Such a bloody coward." Sirius growled, before throwing the paper at the wall.

"How did he..."

"Well, I suppose he got too scared and backed off. At least my mother isn't bragging about his death, which would have definitely happened, if Regulus had been killed by Order members. She's almost...ashamed of him." He told them.

"So they killed one of their own? It doesn't really make a lot of sense." Lily stated. Each side needed all the help they could find for the battles.

"Regulus was never that important to them. "

~~~

For the next year and a half, the Order fought fiercely against the Dark Lord and his followers. All of them understood that they were losing and quickly. They had already lost eighteen people and most of their attempts to face the enemy ended up being traps.

The meetings were held frequently, to stay in touch with the remaining members and give them courage. Cassiane and Remus always attended them and afterwards, they all gathered at James and Lily's house, since it was closer. After the recent meeting, they had a lot of things to discuss.

"I can't believe that the Ministry is finally allowing us to use the Unforgivable Curses, without any consequences." Sirius exclaimed. After his brother's mysterious death, he had became more violent towards the Death Eaters.

Sharon rose a brow while brushing Michelle's dark brown hair. "Well, don't get to excited. Our order is to use them wisely and only if we don't have another choice."

"Yeah, because they are killing our people so wisely." Marlene argued.

"It's not that simple, Marls, to take someone's life." Remus reminded her.

"Are you sure they won't like search our wands after the war and punish us?" Peter asked and Fabian nodded.

"Peter, they will have to catch war criminals, serial killers. They won't be interested enough to go after you in particular."

Cassiane smiled. "I do agree with Sharon, however. We can't cast those Curses without a second thought. There are plenty of alternatives."

Michelle looked at her god mother and giggled, as she took a few shakingly steps around the living room. She reached to her father and fell into his lap, as Sirius broke into laughter. "Looks like someone wants attention."

"Dadfoot!" The young girl cried, as he threw her up in the air and caught her again, giving the rest a mild heart attack.

"Why are you all so nervous, I've never dropped her!"

Sharon crossed her arms and smirked. "You dropped her yesterday!"

"Yes, but we were on the bed so she wasn't hurt..."

"Oh my God..." Remus muttered under his breath.

Only Cassiane noticed that Lily quietly walked away from the living room and decided to find her. The redhead had gone to her bedroom and was curled up on her bed. "Lily, are you alright?"

"No."

It wasn't the answer Cassiane expected to hear, however she sat by Lily's side. "Would you like to tell me what's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant, Cas and honestly, I've never felt more scared in my whole life."

A/N; Baby two on the wayyy! By the way, I've never watched Reign, where the gif is from so the I don't know anything about the baby in the gif. Just thought I'd be nice to have a gif of Cassiane with a babyyy. And of course, Michelle's mother is an American woman with Korean-American parents, which means that she certainly does not look like the baby in the gif.
Athanasia ❤️