Chapter 44: Massacre

Things were just looking up for Alex. She trained daily on her powers and spent time with her mates after. That didn't mean her guard came down at all unlike everyone else.

She knew she was still being targeted even if it seemed as if everyone else forgot.  "My Queen,the king request your presence in the dining hall" a random vampire stood at her door

Instantly red flags appeared. She haven't been to the dinning hall since she changed considering vampires didn't need to eat.

She nodded none the less and dismissed the girl. She reached out through the shadows and found her mates in the thrown room along with Jane,Alex,Demitri and Felix making her frown. Whenever she left her room even for a little bit one one of those four guards were always by her side. she thought about going to her mates but thought against it. This was her problem not theirs. Honestly she thought that she was becoming dependent on her mates and that needed to stop. she was her own person that took orders from no one and could fight her own battles when needed.

With that thought in mind she shadow traveled just outside the door to the dinning hall. Instantly she smelled the overwhelming scent of blood making her grab her throat in hunger. opening the door the sight before her had her forgetting just how hungry she was. the room was littered with humans all shapes and sizes. She could even see children all laying dead in their own blood. What scared her the most was that all their eyes were open and staring straight at her. "this is sick and whoever did this will pay"she growled out glaring at what looked to be a massacre in front of her . 

Glancing back into the hall she waved two random guards that were walking around to her. "get this mess cleaned up." she ordered before shadow traveling into the thrown room. There was a trail going on so naturally everyone looked at her once she appeared. ignoring it all she walked straight to Aro and gave him her hand. It didn't take long for the smile that appeared on his face when she entered to vanish.

"kill him Felix, we have more pressing matter's to attend to then his lost of a newborn army." Aro stood up. All playfulness gone. Marcus and Cauis was at his side in an instant wondering what happened but also wanting nothing more to make sure Alex was ok.

Felix waisted no time in killing the vampire before turning his attention towards his king's and queen.

"Someone slaughtered a bunch of humans in the dinning hall before calling for the queen."Aro explained. Everyone growled out in anger. She was family that much everyone could agree on.

"Jane,Alec,Demitri and Felix are to be by the queens side . While we talk about what to do next" Marcus added on ignoring the glare that was sent his way from Alex.

"Until further notice we are on lockdown and expect all guards in the thrown room tonight except the elite guards that will later on be switched with her own guards" Cauis added on.

The three kings left no room for discussions. Even Alex kept quiet never really seeing them this blood thirsty before. There eyes were turning darker by the minute.

"My queen if you will follow me" Jane  stated before turning and leaving the room.

She followed no questions asked. She knew the other guards were close behind her as they left the room and into the hall.

She knew whatever freedom she had was about to get striped from her and she knew she was going to hate every second of it.