Chapter 4: Adoption

Alex grumbled under her breath as she watched the Cullens pull up at the orphanage. She watched them get out of the car one by one. Two unknown people she could only assume were their parents.
lead the group.

Since the whole incident at school they have somewhat protectively watched over her. Wherever she went a cullen would surely follow close behind. They all attempted to have small talk with her in which she ignored or glared at them.

Only one Cullen had gotten a full sentence from her and that was Emment. She didn't know what it was but something about him annoyed yet intrigued her. He was all smiles and games and it annoyed her greatly.

"Alex you're being adopted" the mistresses yelled, popping into her room. She wore a smile but Alex knew it was fake. Grabbing her duffle bag that she never unpacked she made her way downstairs where the couple stood smiling at her warmly.

"Hello I'm Esme and this is my husband Carlisle, I believe you have already met our children. Emmett, Rosalie,Edward,Jasper and Alice"

Rolling her eyes she simply nodded. "Yeah I have" she mumbled glaring at them slightly.

Esme smiled and never dropped as she led her to the car followed by the rest. Everyone was nervous but knew it was the right thing to do. She was the volturi kings' mate and their future Queen and until that time came they would need to protect her even if she finds out their secret.

Alex watched the family closely. "Why take me in?" she asked catching everyone off guard

"Well....." Esme paused slightly not really knowing what to say.

"We were worried about you considering what happened with those-"

"I don't need your help. I don't need anyone's help." She quickly snapped at Alice who simply smiled

"Its ok to have help." Alice shrugged. "Even if you don't want help we will help you. Your family now and family sticks together."

Alex wanted to believe her, she truly did but she couldn't. She didn't know the Cullens but as of now she had nothing else to go on. She didn't have enough money to run off and something about them intrigued her. "So you guys gonna tell me what you are? '' she asked, successfully changing the topic.

Everyone had tensed up and glanced at one another nervously.

"She was gonna figure it out eventually" Edward mumbles, getting out of the car once it had stopped.

Everyone followed his lead and went inside where they sat down in the living room. Alex stood by the door preparing to run if she didn't like what they were gonna tell her.

Carlisle was the one to speak first. "We are what you call vampires."  Then he added quickly "But we won't hurt you for we are vegetarians meaning we drink animal blood"

Alex kept her face neutral as she glanced at everyone trying to figure out if this was some sort of joke. When she found none she shrugged. It was nothing could really do. She couldn't outrun a vampire. Even if she teleported she doubted she would get away if they wanted to find her. "So since that's out of the way,you guys wanna tell me the real reason why you all took me in." She surprised everyone by how calm she was about everything.

"Why is it so hard to believe we want to help you?" Rosalie rose from her seat and glared at her.

"Maybe because one you don't even like me  and two none of you even know me and to top it all off you risk your big secret with me around which I now know" she snapped back glaring right back at her. "I don't trust you.matter of fact I don't trust anyone and never will"

"You're wrong, we do like you and yes we risked our secret but it was worth it. You're different and now you're family" Emmet stood up next to his wife wearing a goofy smile. He wrapped his arms around Rosalie to calm her down.

"Whatever,can I just go to sleep?" She mumbled. Esme nodded and started walking upstairs to show her to her room. Alex quickly followed her to a random room that had a bed and nothing else. "Since tomorrow is Saturday we are gonna go shopping so get some sleep"

Alex nodded her head before face planting onto the bed. For once in her life she was not in control. She didn't know what to do. Vampires were supposed to be