Chapter 7:Family?

Alex glared at the back of Jasper's head making him look at her. They had arrived at a hotel about an hour ago and she wanted to go swimming. Jasper had said no along with Alice making her glare at the pair.

She was bored and Bella was no help. "He's not even after me,why am I on the run" she snapped storming off into her room. She glared at Bella who sat frozen on her bed.

"He has my mother," she says looking at Alex.

"Who?" She asked with a roll of her eyes.

"James,I have to go get her" Bella got up to move, making Alex block her way.

"And do what?"she paused standing her ground" Die? James is a vampire and you're a human. A pathetic one at that so stop being stupid" Alex snapped glaring at her. She realized just how cold she was. She sighed "Your mom wouldn't want you to get yourself killed for her '' she added before moving out of her way. Without another word she watched as Bella ran out of the room to save her mother.

After a couple minutes she walked into the other room where Alice and Jasper sat silently panicking. "What's up? '' she asked, making the pair look at her.

"Where's Bella?" Alice asked, walking towards her.

"Can't you see the future?you tell me"

"Alex, this is not the time for your comments. Where is she? ''Jasper asked from across the room.

Alex rolled her eyes and sat down on the couch. She didn't understand what the fuss was about and honestly didn't care. "She left,dunno where to but she said something about saving her mom from James''

"You didn't try to stop her, '' Alice asked, grabbing bags and stuffing them with clothes.

"I did try, she was so persistent in saving her mother" alive shot a glare her way before moving towards the elevator"lets go little sister,we have a Bella so save"

Alex didn't make a move to get up until Jasper picked her up. She didn't mind as much as she thought she would. Somewhere deep down,she was accepting the fact that the Cullens were now her family. She was finally letting them in and now she could also possibly lose them all because of a human playing hero.

It didn't take them long to appear on the scene. It was utter chaos.  Bella was bitten and the Cullens started to fight James in an attempt to save her.

Alex could do nothing but watch the scene. She called onto her shadows that hid her well and continued to watch as Edward sucked Bella's blood.

She wouldn't admit it but she was terrified more than ever. She was used to being around humans, not blood sucking vampires with super strength and speed.

Honestly she wont prepared for it all,even when Edward picked Bella up and left she stood there frozen.

"Alex,I can feel your emotions. Its ok,come out"Jasper said out loud catching everyone's attention

She did as she was asked and looked at them all with tears in her eyes. "I wanna go home" she mumbled looking down at her shoes. She could feel the others get closer but chose to continue to stare down.

"Come darlin"Jasper grabbed onto her hand and led her back to the car. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep on the way back but it was on this night that Alex chose to let them all in. She was done running and if she was stuck with a family of vampires then she was stuck. She somehow knew they would protect her with their lives. That's all she ever asked for. A family she could finally trust