Chapter 2: school

Alex watched as the other kids stumbled around tiredly, attempting to prepare for school. She was wide awake and already ready for school. She was used to getting up early. She needed to constantly beat the morning rush or she wouldn't eat later on. It seemed old habits died hard

"Alex"  

Alex glanced up at the head mistress as she made her way over to her.She was a true blonde through and through. It was easy to tell if you spent any real time with her. She even turned into a big baby when she was challenged. "If you're not gonna help get the younger kids ready then please head out" she said calmly.

Alex almost gagged at the fake smile she threw her way when she turned to leave. "Whatever" Alex mumbled, grabbing her school bag from the floor.

Alex walked outside and started trudging through the pouring rain with a glare set on her face. Rain is truly the most depressing weather there is. There's nothing good about it. She had to admit the lightning and thunder always calmed her though. It was always amusing to watch others jump in fright because of it.

Just then Alex was splashed by a car passing by. 'Forks sucks'  she thought to herself glaring at the back of the dirty red truck as it drove on.

At that second she considered just making a run for it considering no one would care if she went missing or not. It has always been that way. Those who did always wanted something in return. She never truly cared about others. Maybe she would trust someone but never to the point of fighting for another life. Some would say she had issues. They may just be right. That never stopped her from doing what needed to be done to protect herself from others but she could never protect herself from herself.

Alex shook her thoughts away before stepping into a shadow from a tree. Almost instantly did it call out to her. Wanting to hide her and take her away. Alex let it be and thought about school.

Feeling the shift of energy she opened her eyes to the bustling life of teens walking about the school grounds. She took her time leaving the safety of the shadows to walk towards the building.

Many students glanced her way and started to whisper to their friends, most likely about the new student. She had no doubts that the other orphan kids had already spoken about her and her delinquent ways.lIgnoring them all on her way to the office she just wanted to disappear into the shadows. Luckily no one tried to talk to her or tried something else stupid.

The office was quiet When she walked in. would have thought it to be empty if it wasn't for the lady sleeping on the front desk. "Wakey wakey" Alex mumbled, nudging her slightly.She looked at her tiredly before grabbing a piece of paper. "Alex Harper? She questioned

"Yep"  she held her hand out towards the lady wanting to just head to class already or better yet far away from this hell hole they call Forks. The lady gave her the paper before glancing at the door. "This is Emmett Cullen. He will be taking you to your first period."

A pale boy was standing at the door wearing a big goofy smile. Alex simply rolled her eyes before walking past him. Happy people annoyed her. She liked more down to earth people if any people at all.

Emmett caught up to her quickly and started to lead her down a hall. "So your names Alex?"

"Yep" came her simple reply

"Where are you from?" he asked, glancing at her from the corner of his eye.

"Vegas" she kept her answers short since she didn't want to talk. She didn't hide her annoyance with having to answer his questions. It was clear that she didn't want to talk so he backed off and quieted down.

They continued their walk in silence to her classroom which was history. "This is your stop. Two of my siblings have this class also so if you need help with anything ask Jasper and Alice '' They stopped in front of a closed door making her sigh. She really did not want to go inside nor did she wait for  Emmett to say another word and walked inside.

Almost instantly all eyes were on her. They were curious on who she was.it was easy to see that this school was not use to new students yet here she was becoming the talk of the school and she didn't even have to get in a fight or 'disrespect' a teacher to do so.

"Hello Miss Harper,im your history teacher Mrs.Cooper please introduce yourself to the class" she greeted smiling down at her. It was such a fake smile and it annoyed her. Alex hated it when others couldn't act like themselves around her . it was like they were hiding something or were just fake in general ready to stab someone in the back later on.

She didn't complain though. She wouldn't stay that long to actually care about another human being in this place.

She faced the eager class that smiled at her warmly. "The name is Alex" she said, crossing her arms. She watched as some of their smiles dropped as they expected more information about her life.

"Umm tell us a little about yourself dear" the teacher asked, a little surprised by the students personality.

Alex couldn't help but glare towards her before looking at the class again. "I'm from vegas, im orphaned and i don't like people so don't talk to me."She glanced back at the teacher who was frowning at her. She didn't care one bit. "Satisfied or do you want my life story while im up here" she snapped at the frowning woman.

When she didn't get a reply Alex took an empty seat in the back ignoring all the stares from her peers. It's not everyday they get a new student and when they do they get her. A girl who disliked others and didn't plan on hiding her true self.

Alice gasped quietly as she was pulled into a vision. She saw Alex. bright red eyes stared her down.  she was smiling as three males wrapped their arms around her which shocked Alice. Thse males were the volturi leaders. Aro, Caius, and Marcus. They all seemed happy. So did the whole coven in the background as they watched their queen and kings embrace one another.  Coming out of the vision she smiled brightly at Alex. "We must protect her...I'll explain later why later" she mumbled knowing jasper would hear her clearly

Throughout the day alex either slept or drew in a notebook. No one tried to befriend her and lunch rolled around faster than she thought it would. She took refuge at an empty table not having money thanks to no one telling her she needed any to buy lunch. She could always steal it but it seemed useless considering everyone avoided her. Which she supposed was her fault coming off as rude and a loner in each class. Or so she thought as a girl showed up at her table nervously playing with the sleeves of her sweatshirt