Chapter 6:Baseball gone wrong

Alex groaned as she went limp in the arms of Emmett. Sometime this morning they decided it was too big a risk to leave her home alone and dragged her out to the field. She wasn't the slightest bit amused.

Upon getting to the field Emmett put her down softly and smiled at her. she glared up at the big idiot annoyed. "I hate you" she snapped sitting down on the grass

Emmett laughed loudly before messing up her hair. "Admit it, you love me" he says before walking out into the field.

"Alex?" Came a soft voice behind her. It didn't take a genius to know it was Bella.

"You don't peg me as the sporty type '' Alex mumbled knowing the girl heard her.

"I'm not" Bella stood beside Alex in a nervous, calm manner.

"I'm glad you two are here, we need umpires" esme says walking up to the pair. Bella nodded but Alex grumbled under her breath before getting up. "Umpire,I didnt even wanna be here" she mumbles walking to the jeep and hopping onto the hood. Esme seemed to ignore her comment and they began the game.

Alex barely paid attention. She wanted to be at the house sleeping not outside in a storm like weather being an umpire for a bunch of vampires that had nothing else to do.

Alex glanced at Edward from the moment she met him he had annoyed her. He had always been creepy and just plain annoying.

She then moved her eyes to Alice and sighed. Her preppy attitude annoyed her yet it was refreshing and matched Jasper's calm demeanor well.

Rosalie was a bitch but more of a bad bitch who gave no fucks. It made her seem like the bad guy. Alex enjoyed her personality considering she didn't really lie. It also kept Emmett's wild  characteristics in line.

Alex sighed and looked at the parents of the coven. She didn't know what to think of the pair. They were nice to her but  she thought they- like everyone else in her life- would eventually leave her.

Edward gave Alex a look making her frown. "Get the hell out of my head,'' she snapped, watching as his look changed to one of embarrassment and shock.'yeah bitch I know you creeping in my head.go jump off a cliff ' she thought watching him smirk at her comment that she thought would have had a negative reaction to her.

"Stop"Alice yelled. All at once the vampires all ran towards Bella. On instinct Alex slid off the hood and called to the Shadows from beneath it to hide her. Many of the Cullens were shocked before masking it once three random figures approached from the woods.

Alex glared and called more of the shadows to her. She wont stupid,she knew they were vampires it it was time for her to go. With the designation of the Cullens house in mind she closed her eyes. Once she felt the tug of the shadows she opened them to herself in front of the house. Alex quickly made her way inside and started packing

Running is what she was good at and what she was going to do now. They knew her secret.

Before she could even make it out the door Carlisle and Esme busted inside their eyes immediately meeting hers. "Alex-"

"Let me go" she snapped, cutting Emse off who simply shook her head no.

"It's ok to be scared and we are not going to judge you. You have a gift that came out even though you are human and that's ok. We can help you,just let us in" Emse says, smiling down at her softly.

"You're just going to leave me in the end "Alex snapped

Carlisle shook his head. "Never,your family now and I will be damned if I abandon family" he says

Alex didn't know what it was but what he said made her tear up. This feeling was new to her. For once in her life she didn't feel like a freak of nature but more like she belonged. "Fine '' Alex mumbled, dropping her bag.

The pair nodded "the vampires you saw at the field are after Bella and maybe you if they catch your scent here. Go down to the garage" Carlisle ordered.

Without a second thought Alex ran downstairs and waited for the other. It didn't take long as they were all rushed and grabbing clothing. Alex simply sat there and watched Rosalie who scowled. "Why should I help She means nothing to me" she snapped at Carlisle

"Bella is with Edward. Like it or not she's family now" he snapped back giving her the jacket.  Alex smirked and got in the car with Jasper. "What a fun turn of events'' she mumbled feeling a small adrenaline rush at the  thought of being hunted