Chapter 21-30

Chapter 21: The Intricacies of the Qi Exercises!

Ling Lan’s consistently voracious appetite once again pushed Lan Luofeng into a quandary — it was a blessing that her child could eat, but … was it really alright for Ling Lan to eat so much?

Ling Qin and Ling Nanyi were asking themselves the same question as well. Ling Lan’s appetite could certainly be classified as monstrous — even if one tried to explain it away as a sign that her body needed energy, the amount of food she consumed was still rather hard to accept.

Looking at Ling Lan’s petite figure, however, they could only shake their heads and sigh. It just didn’t make sense. Could it be that their young master’s stomach was from an alternate dimension?

With time, Lan Luofeng’s worries proved to be unnecessary. Although Ling Lan ate a lot, her body did not change much besides growing a little taller; her waistline remained the same. Furthermore, unlike the other children who received injections of the gene stimulating agent, she did not bulk up, but looked rather weak and skinny instead.

Accordingly, Lan Luofeng banished all thoughts of getting Ling Lan to diet. Her child was already so weak and skinny even after eating so much, if she made her diet, wouldn’t her child end up a fragile bean sprout? Better to let her eat as she likes — it’s not like the Ling household had any problem supplying that much food.

From then onwards, no one ever contested Ling Lan’s appetite again. In the end, whenever Ling Lan ate just a little bit less than usual, such as skipping out on a bowl of fried rice or a steak, the entire Ling household would descend into a panic. The young master’s appetite had weakened! Could it be that he was ill … Eh-hm, habit was certainly a powerful thing.

Ling Lan herself was very puzzled at her own condition, and so quietly asked Little Four to investigate.

Reliable as ever, Little Four soon provided an answer.

The reason Ling Lan was so trim and skinny compared to the other children who received agent injections was that the ‘bulk’ put on by those children was actually a physical symptom of the accumulation of impurities within their bodies. Of course, this result was not an entirely bad thing. On the plus side, it indirectly strengthened the physical toughness of a child’s body, making it able to withstand a certain level of impact. On the flip side, it would decrease a child’s flexibility and lower the body’s resilience.

Meanwhile, the agent Ling Lan was absorbing contained no impurities due to Little Four’s interference, so there was no build-up of impurities within her body, and consequently no physical bulk.

As for Ling Lan’s large appetite, it was due to Ling Lan’s training in advanced physical skills within her mind-space. The training sapped a lot of energy, so Ling Lan had no choice but to increase her intake of food to replenish the energy used. Part of this could also be explained by the Ling family’s secret medicinal formula … it had increased the storage capacity of Ling Lan’s body so that it could store the energy from two bowls of rice in the same space others needed to store one bowl’s worth of energy.

Naturally, the more energy stored up by the body, the greater the energy potential … the long and short of it was that it was advantageous for Ling Lan.

As for why Ling Lan seemed weak and fragile … Little Four was unsure. He searched for a long time before cautiously suggesting that the Qi exercises Ling Lan had learned in her past life were to blame.

After getting these answers from Little Four, Ling Lan was reassured. As long as there was no harm, Ling Lan didn’t mind becoming a glutton, especially since she could indulge her taste buds at the same time.