Chapter 421-430

Chapter 421: Tactical Genius!

"Qiao Ting is done for!"

Seeing Qiao Ting being surrounded by the two mecha, all the spectating students thought the same. Those supporting the Leiting Mecha Clan felt overwhelmed with despair. Up against a pincer-style self-destruct attack from an advanced mecha and special-class mecha, even an ace mecha probably could not withstand the horrific force produced. Not to mention, Qiao Ting's mecha had already received damage many times prior to this from the repeated tactical self-destructs of the Lingtian members ...

Quicker than words could say, two intense explosions rang out on the battlefield.

The three entangled mecha were instantly turned into a humongous fireball due to this massive explosive force. After that, this giant fireball smashed into the ground, sending up a spray of sand as well as quite a significant number of broken mecha parts and armour fragments.

Only after the yellow sand had settled did the spectating students see that a deep pit of about 10-metres deep and 100-metres wide had appeared in this desert land. And right in the centre of the pit, there was a lump of still burning wreckage ...

"Qiao Ting is not dead!" Heaven knows who yelled out. All the spectators pinned their stares on the burning wreckage, their hearts beginning to race and they could not help but hold their breath, waiting for the mainframe to announce the final verdict.

The mainframe indicated that Leiting still had one member left active; this proved that Qiao Ting currently still had not died and been kicked out of the battlefield. Everyone began to guess at Qiao Ting's current condition — was he already so severely injured that he was merely holding onto his last breath, or had he been lucky enough to survive with some strength to continue fighting?

"Lingtian and Leiting ... now it's finally one on one." The spectators noticed how many people Leiting had left, but they also noted Lingtian's information. They discovered that there was also only one person remaining in the Lingtian Mecha Clan, and that was that regiment commander of Lingtian's who had been eliminating all the other Leiting members elsewhere, who had never faced Qiao Ting thus far in this fight.

The spectating cadets began to murmur in discussion. Li Lanfeng's and Qi Long's successful self-destructs must have dealt heavy damage to Qiao Ting. Furthermore, Qiao Ting had already been damaged from the successive self-destructs of the other Lingtian members before ... after all that, would the present Qiao Ting be able to match up against Lingtian's regiment commander who was still in peak condition?

"Say, do you all think Qiao Ting will lose to Lingtian?" Right then, most students were not optimistic about Qiao Ting's and Leiting's chances. This was completely opposite to what they had all believed at the start.

This question spread across the entire venue, making the entire stadium noisy. Many people even predicted that Qiao Ting was truly doomed this time, because they believed that no matter how strong a mecha was, it was impossible for it to be unscathed after suffering the self-destructs of a special-class operator and an advanced mecha warrior at the same time. Perhaps, Qiao Ting was already supremely fortunate for keeping his life — it was very likely that Qiao Ting's ace mecha had already lost all combat capability.

Of course, many of the senior cadets were still very supportive of Qiao Ting and the Leiting Mecha Clan — they still believed that the ace mecha operator Qiao Ting would not be taken down by this kind of barbaric self-destruct tactic of Lingtian's. Qiao Ting would definitely counterattack from these desperate depths and wrest victory back from the jaws of defeat.

Unconsciously, for the first time, phrases to do with 'defeat' or 'desperation' were used on the unbeatable myth of Qiao Ting. This showed that the seniors were actually uncertain too. They did not want to see the juniors successfully overcoming the seniors; they wanted to retain the suppression of seniors on the juniors. However, the reality was brutal — Qiao Ting had not projected his usual aggressive and domineering manner. Instead, he was being suppressed by the junior students. Now up to this point, the situation was extremely unfavourable — this caused the seniors who were supporting Leiting to be unable to keep calm.