Chapter 501-510

Chapter 501: Sure-kill!

As expected, after being in a stalemate for a while, the situation was broken. The one who broke the stalemate was none other than Ling Lan.

Ling Lan, who was originally being pressured, swung her sword with full force and sent that regular member back a few steps. Right after that, she kicked twice in mid-air and kicked back the attacks of the two team captains.

This created a chance for Ling Lan to counterattack. She stretched her left and right hands backward and the large sword in her hand began to move at a great speed. The attack was like a tidal wave, coming at the three of them continuously...

After the captain from the Second Men's Military Academy blocked Ling Lan's three attacks, he discovered that he actually didn't have any more chances to counterattack. The situation where they were originally pressuring Ling Lan through their 3-man cooperation was now actually turned on himself instead.

He quickly stared at the two beside him and discovered that their situation was the same; they could only passively defend for themselves. He was very surprised as this was a truly odd situation. Logically, while Ling Lan was attacking another person, the other two that were left alone should be able to use this chance to perform a sneak attack. Also, he felt that his opponent was obviously attacking someone else, but when he attacked, it was as though the one being attacked was himself. He could only passively change his attack to a defensive move... It was as though he was the opponent's puppet, under control and only able to move with the opponent.

"It's rhythm!" The Second Men's Military Academy's captain was, after all, full of experience and immediately understood what was going on. The three of them were moving to the opponent's rhythm, thus they could only follow the rhythm of the opponent. This was also the reason why they were being pressured.

"We have to break the opponent's rhythm!" thought the Second Men's Military Academy's captain decisively. He prepared to get out. Only getting out would get him out of the rhythm of the opponent. Then he would be able to clearly see the rhythmic movements of the opponent, find a chance to interfere and break it.

Right when he wanted to move his mecha and get out of Ling Lan's attack range, however, he discovered that he couldn't move. Swords came from all sides and it was as though his mecha was locked in place. No matter where he darted towards, he could only block and be unable to counterattack. He didn't even have a chance to retreat.

"What's happening? I can't even retreat?" The Second Men's Military Academy's captain could not think too deeply in this tense moment. He could only use the commlink channel of the team to remind the two he was cooperating with. "Retreat, then find a chance to attack again."

The Federal Defence Military Academy's captain was also an experienced captain; he understood right after he heard those words. But right when he wanted to get out and retreat, he discovered that swords were surrounding him from all sides. No matter which direction he turned to, they were all locked down. It was the same as the Second Men's Military Academy's captain. The only option he had was to block.

The ordinary member also felt the same. This member yelled, "Captain, I can't retreat. I've been locked down." Compared to the calmness of the two team captains, this member was obviously not as calm.

All three of them were locked down? How was that possible? There was only one possibility that a mecha would be locked down and unable to counterattack in close range combat. That possibility would be that the opponent had used a chain combo attack and enveloped their opponent in their attack range. This was the specialty of chain combos and was also why the chain combo was considered the sure-kill technique for ace mecha operators in close combat.