Chapter 441-450

Chapter 441: Respective Plans!

The curtains were finally lifted on the All-Federation Military Academy Grand Mecha Tournament. First up was the grand opening ceremony at the main stadium at 9 o'clock. This opening ceremony would be broadcast live on the all-federation interplanetary network — both the military and the organisers on planet Qiming took it very seriously.

After waking up early in the morning, Ling Lan washed up and then began circulating her Qi to warm and nurture her body. Over these past two months, the hidden injuries she had received from training with real ace mecha would heal much faster every time she practised her Qi exercises; thus, whenever Ling Lan was awake and had nothing better to do, she would circulate her Qi to take care of her injuries.

However, one month later, Ling Lan discovered the true profundity of the Qi exercises. In the process of healing, her physical constitution was slowly becoming even stronger, though the effects were infinitesimal. If Ling Lan had not noticed how she was gradually receiving lighter injuries from her training with real mecha as time went by, perhaps she would have completely overlooked it, ending up unable to discover this deep secret of the Qi exercises.

This made Ling Lan prize the Qi exercises even more, no longer just practising them only for the sake of treating her injuries. Anytime she was free, she would sit and go through them. Ling Lan's tenacity was rewarded well. Ling Lan felt that the resilience of her body becoming better and better, and so her body's ability to endure the feedback pressure from mecha operation was also becoming stronger and stronger. Naturally, she did not forget to share this discovery with Li Lanfeng; after all, he needed the help of the Qi exercises even more than she did. As long as Li Lanfeng kept up with the exercises, his frail body on the brink of collapse would no longer be a problem he would have to worry about.

After a few circulations, Ling Lan saw that it would soon be the assembly time as notified by the organisers, and so she left her room and slowly began making her way to the assembly point.

The assembly point was at the large square in the middle of the accommodation areas. Ling Lan had only just arrived at the fringes of the square when she could see that there was already a large group of people gathered there. Ling Lan looked around casually and found that almost all the cadets from the various participating military academies were already here. This made it difficult for her to pinpoint where the First Men's Military Academy was gathering for a moment.

However, Ling Lan was not troubled by it for long. Qi Long, who had long arrived at the square, had immediately sensed his boss's position the moment Ling Lan had come within range. He quickly turned his head and raised his right hand to greet his boss, to show that they were over here.

Qi Long's loud greeting naturally startled some of the other military academy cadets around him. However, after a quick glance at Ling Lan, they no longer dared to look at him.

Ling Lan did not hesitate to head over instantly. Many people were already gathered at Qi Long's side — they were all participating students from the First Academy. Ling Lan took a look around and found that not only Qiao Ting's group was here, but even the rest from the other factions, Tianji, Wuji, Dwotong and so on were all present. Rather, because she had aimed to arrive right on the dot, she ended up being the last one to arrive.

Still, no one would dare to grumble about it. In fact, many of the youths believed that Ling Lan should be the last one to arrive anyway. Qiao Ting's gaze was complicated as he looked at Ling Lan. He sighed mentally — unexpectedly, unconsciously, the regiment commander of Lingtian, Ling Lan, had already gained prominence in the hearts of the students of the First Men's Military Academy. How easily did this become a matter of fact ... he had strived so hard for four years to obtain this, yet the other had done it so easily ... a bitter feeling tinged with resentment towards fate 1 rose in Qiao Ting's heart — Ling Lan may very well be his rival for life.