Chapter 681-690

Chapter 681: Arrangement!

"Wow, this base looks sick!" A few new recruits looked outside from their windows. They looked at the large and seemingly endless base of operation. Their eyes instantly had red hearts pop out from them. After only just coming out from the training camp, they had never seen a real clan's base of operations before. These new recruits were instantly in shock and awe by the vastness and modernness of their future mecha clan.

The driver of the hover bus received a signal from the base and slowly landed near the entrance. The soldiers on guard at the entrance were fully geared. They walked into the bus with a serious expression on their faces and began to examine the new recruits.

This was a necessary procedure before entering a base. The guards in 250 Mecha Clan were no longer slacking and relaxing like they were before Ling Lan had taken over. If anyone dared to cause any trouble, those people would definitely not have a good time.

A malevolent aura expanded into the bus as these soldiers walked into it. The aura made the rowdy new recruits instantly sit up straight on their seats and not dare to make any noise or even move.

Chen Yifan clearly sensed the malevolent aura the soldiers had on them. He had once felt this type of aura around a few instructors with battlefield experience and around the mercenaries on their mission. How can these soldiers be considered useless?

Chen Yifan had a lot of questions in his mind. Was this 250 Mecha Clan actually the same as what Zhou Yu had said?

After the checks, these soldiers asked the driver of the bus to get off. Then, they took control of the bus. Not long after, the hover bus flew up once again and went into the entrance that had already been opened.

The hover bus flew for another few minutes, then stopped at large square. There weren't any buildings around them but only grassland and forests. The soldiers told the new recruits to get off. When all of the new recruits got off the bus, the door closed and flew away once again without a trace.

The 400 new recruits who were suddenly put in an unknown location had all became restless and uneasy.

Right at that moment, a simple sketch of a map suddenly appeared on a screen in front of them. Then a voice echoed within the square, "Hey newbies. In order to welcome you newbies in joining 250 Mecha Clan, we prepared a welcoming ceremony specially for you guys. Are you guys ready?"

Chen Yifan bit his lip. What welcome ceremony? Wasn't it just a game where the veterans prank the new recruits? It was as he had expected. Entering the clan wasn't that easy.

The expression of the 400 new recruits were all different. Some were afraid, some confused, some nervous and also some who were excited.

"Do you see the map on the screen? Remember it carefully. If you make a wrong turn and activate our base's defense system, then you'll die for nothing."

After hearing these words, everyone's face turned pale. Were people actually going to die?

"In the division, there are many new recruits who perish for different reasons every year. Hope you lot won't become one of them." The warning was heard by every single new recruit. Everyone began to memorize the map on the screen. Many people were afraid of memorizing it wrongly and immediately used their communicators to record the map.

"You have two hours. If you don't get to the destination within two hours... Heh, good luck!" The announcer's voice was filled with schadenfreude. This voice made Chen Yifan's heart drop to his stomach. A punishment that hasn't been told to them yet indeed was something to be worried about. It seemed, in order to make sure there weren't any casualties, they must complete the task.