Chapter 531-540

Chapter 531: Promise!

"No!

"I don't want that to happen!

"I don't want Boss to get injured!

"I don't want Boss to die!"

As Qi Long angrily screamed inside his mind, he formed a claw with his right hand and swiped downwards—he was ruthlessly reaching for the Qi Long that was attempting to attack Boss.

Maybe Qi Long's will was too strong, as the energy that was originally holding him back had been broken through by him. He instantly arrived in front of Ling Lan, grabbed the other Qi Long's neck and instantly pummeled him to the ground.

"I won't allow anyone to hurt Boss. I won't allow it even if it's myself." Qi Long raised his left fist and ruthlessly threw it towards the Qi Long who had a look of ignorance on his face.

Qi Long used all of his energy to hit himself. The image of the memory was like a mirror; because of Qi Long's punch, it shattered into countless pieces and scattered everywhere.

Qi Long raised his head. His face with bloody red tears was easily seen. There was determination in his eyes, the kind that would enable one to do anything for someone without regret.

"I, Qi Long, promise that I will become Boss' shield. If anyone wants to harm Boss, they'll have to get over my dead body first!

"I, Qi Long, will fight for Boss to the bitter end with no regrets!"

Qi Long's determined voice echoed through his vast mindspace. When he spoke, the mindspace had memorized the promise he made. This meant that if Qi Long was to go against his promise, he wouldn't have any chances of advancement. His soul will be tormented day and night. In the end, he would become a crazy demon and would never have a moment of peace.

"For this, I need to become even stronger. Strong to the point of being able to help Boss take on all of his enemies."

Qi Long had never found a reason that made it necessary for him to become stronger, but now he had one. It wasn't for himself. Instead, it was for the boss who had treated him sincerely.

In the arena, Qi Long crying had already made everyone in the audience become very surprised. When Qi Long's tears became blood, everyone was shaken. The entire training dojo became silent.

Ling Lan, who was in the observation room, had instantly stood up when Qi Long's blood red tears had come out from his eyes. She could no longer continue to be calm.

"Why is this happening?" Han Jijyun's tears silently fell from his eyes. He instantly held his chest. Qi Long's blood red tears also made Han Jijyun feel his emotions. Han Jijyun felt like his heart was in a blender.

Right at that moment, a strong aura suddenly erupted in the arena. The overwhelming aura instantly made the edges of the arena have a transparent light barrier appear.

Ling Lan instantly calmed down. Her eyes showed a hint of joy. The light barrier was even brighter than the previous one. Did this mean that Qi Long had successfully advanced into the late stage of Qi-Jin?

Everyone was surprised and moving about when the light barrier appeared again. At that moment, someone shouted, "Look, in the arena!" Everyone set their focus onto the arena.

Qi Long's eyes had stopped bleeding, and his dark and empty eyes had closed. Other than this, there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. However, looking at Ling Yi, who was standing in front of Qi Long, they knew that at that moment, Qi Long wasn't a pushover.

It turned out that at that moment, Ling Yi's body was trembling. He bent his back forwards and actually couldn't stand up straight. His face had a grimace as he bit his lip as though he was resisting some sort of terrifying pressure.