Chapter 1401-1410

Chapter 1401 Unexpected Even

“It turns out that I’m still afraid.” Ling Lan remained silent for a few seconds before mocking herself.
The battle of Twilight caused her to almost lose her father and her brother, Xie Yi. This event had truly scarred Ling Lan’s heart, and with that scar, there was now a weak point in her heart. But, the situation and the circumstances around her didn’t allow her to be weak. She had no choice but to force herself to be calmer and stronger than everyone around her.

After entering the Lawless Lands, Ling Lan knew that a series of bloodbaths were waiting for her. She knew that the number of deaths on her side would only increase, and she was truthfully prepared for it. However, when reality hit, Ling Lan realized that she was still afraid of losing any more than what she already had lost. It was especially apparent when she heard Zhao Jun decided to launch a frontal attack, her heart scrunched up tightly.

Fortunately, the more she cared about something, the more indifferent she would appear on the surface, which meant that no one knew what she was afraid of when they were looking at her.

“I really am not a qualified king.” Ling Lan’s gaze darkened slightly. Her entire body became dull and gloomy. However, the next second, she opened her eyes wide and a powerful force of presence was released. Although it only lasted for an instant, everyone in the rainbow palace was instantaneously plastered to the floor.

Luckily, the force of presence was gone almost instantly, so it didn’t hurt anyone in the rainbow palace. But, the people here still felt frightened. They didn’t know if their Lord Gen suddenly lost control of his anger or was it because another imperial realm formidable warrior passed by and decided to perform another show.

“If I can’t do it, I won’t. I’ll just do what I want.” The Dao that Ling Lan chose, although she named it the Dominance Dao, it wasn’t what it meant literally. It didn’t mean that she would be vicious and selfish. What she meant was a Dao of a free heart.

The former meaning was being selfish and the latter was proving her heart. They seemed similar but there was actually a huge difference in them.

Based on what Number One said, Ling Lan’s Freedom Dao was a few tiers higher than the normal Dominance Dao and Killing Dao, and with that, the difficulty of cultivating such Dao skyrocketed. Other Daos were considered the minor way while Ling Lan’s Dao was a Dao to the main origin. The minor way might be weaker but because it was small, it was hard to go wrong, as such the rate of success of cultivating such Dao was higher too. However, Ling Lan’s Dao on the other hand crossovered with too many other paths, which made it difficult to make every step right on this path. Plus, since this was a unique path she chose herself, she didn’t have any prior experiences she could take as reference. Ling Lan had to rely on herself. This made the difficulty of this path even harder to measure.

At this moment, her Profound Insight, which had been limiting her enlightenment all these while, suddenly crossed its bottleneck and a new series of enlightenments appeared in Ling Lan’s mind.

Ling Lan was pleasantly surprised. She hurriedly closed her eyes and carefully felt this new series of enlightenments. It was a few hours later that she opened her eyes again. She let out a deep sigh. “So that is the case. I almost made a grave mistake.”

The Dominance Dao was never truly her. When she forced herself to change to fit her Dao, she was twisting her true nature. Fortunately, she realized this early enough. If she really walked on the Dominance Dao, she believed that she would definitely regret it at the end.

Ling Lan smiled. Her heavy heart lightened up instantly and she felt more relaxed.

In the learning space, a few of the instructors stopped what they were doing in unplanned unison and looked up at the virtual sky.