Chapter 61-70

Chapter 61: An Intense World of Competition!

Qi Long was not one to back down from a fight. Hearing what Li Yingjie said, he rolled his eyes and replied, “Too much? So what if I’m too much? You’ve something to say about it?” Sometimes Qi Long was outright shameless because he didn’t need to think about the consequences. He believed that his good friend Han Jijyun would definitely come to his rescue, and now he also had Boss at his back, causing him to become even more impudent.

Of course, at his back, his ‘solid shields’ Ling Lan and Han Jijyun weren’t as lighthearted. They shared a commiserating look, wry smiles on their faces. Han Jijyun, in particular, was rather troubled. He found that Qi Long was becoming more and more reckless, which wasn’t a good thing. He decided that he would need to sit Qi Long down and give him a good brainwashing soon when no one else was around.

Qi Long’s words finally set off Lackey #1 who was standing behind Li Yingjie. He jumped out raging, “Punk, do you know who he is?”

“The third grandson of the Li family head.” Qi Long picked at his ear, indicating that he wasn’t deaf and that he had heard everything clearly the first time.

“He’s also the number one ranking student in this year’s special class — the most promising scout student in the Federation this year.” The pride on Lackey #1’s face made it seem as if the number one rank belonged to himself.

Li Yingjie’s face was also full of smugness. He was very proud of the fact that he had managed to stand out among the masses with his skills, obtaining the coveted position of first place.

First place? Qi Long cast a searching look at Li Yingjie. The smug fellow didn’t feel that strong — the presence seeping from his body wasn’t even a match for his own, not to mention against his Boss’s. Qi Long had already had a taste of his Boss Lan’s indistinct yet menacing trace of malevolent aura, and knew that it was not to be taken lightly.

Qi Long’s natural gift was his strong intuition — in Han Jijyun’s words, animal instinct. He didn’t have to think much, being able to accurately gauge an opponent’s strength just via pure intuition.

Sensing that the first place of this year’s Special Class-A was not even a match for himself, Qi Long’s mood took a dark turn, and his attitude became even meaner. With clear disdain, he said, “So what?”

This answer was obviously not according to script, sending the opponent into an immediate apoplectic rage. The others also burst out laughing — Qi Long was absolutely the type that could cause someone to keel over dead out of sheer anger, and the most frightening thing was that he himself wouldn’t even be aware why the other died.

“You —— wait till our Boss comes after you!” Lackey #2 was also moved to help.

“Is that so? Then I’ll be waiting,” said Qi Long shortly, still looking at Li Yingjie with contempt.

Qi Long’s impudence was because he had the utmost confidence in himself, and he also believed that no one could best him aside from his own boss. Furthermore, even if he did sh*t the bed, there was still Boss to pick up after him. He had faith that Boss Lan would not just stand by while his own followers were being bullied … in any case, Qi Long was already shamelessly counting on Ling Lan.

Qi Long’s words caused Li Yingjie’s cheeks to puff up like a toad’s in anger. However, he still had the mind to maintain the poise of a member of an elite family, and chose not to start a fight right then and there. In the end, he only glared darkly at Qi Long, and left with these words, “Just you wait.”

The waters of the scout academy were truly deep! Li Yingjie still remembered the cautionary words of his father — before he fully figured out how things stood in the scout academy, he should not move recklessly. His father had also mentioned that the main principle in the school was ‘survival of the fittest’ — it was almost impossible to dominate within the school by relying on one’s family background or wealth unless you managed to buy the loyalty of some of the more formidable students to be part of your guard. Otherwise, he could only suck it up even if he were bullied by the commoner children within the school. His family would not intervene, so he could only rely on himself to resolve any problems.