Chapter 411-420

Chapter 411: Inscrutable!

Qiao Ting immediately refuted his own speculation. As he had been tracking the data produced by his mecha's A.I. all this way, he was sure the distance between his mecha and Zhao Jun's had not ever fallen below the 4-kilometre limit keeping him out of the range of detection of Zhao Jun's mecha. In real life, perhaps due to various reasons, the data collected by mecha fluctuated erratically, so there was the possibility of an error leading to exposure. But in Mecha World, the data was set to be dead-accurate. As long as one did not go against the data given, there should be absolutely no chance of being discovered.

Qiao Ting made a decision instantly. He quickly sped up to follow them, wanting to see what exactly had made Zhao Jun change directions so abruptly. At the same time, he had already made up his mind to eliminate Zhao Jun — he did not plan to wait any longer.

Even though Zhao Jun's group of three had pushed their mecha's engines to their respective limits, the two advanced mecha had still dragged down Zhao Jun's speed. Qiao Ting quickly caught up to them in his ace mecha. If not for the fact that Qiao Ting wanted to find out what Zhao Jun was doing and so was still keeping 4 kilometres away for now, at this time, Zhao Jun's group might have already been facing Qiao Ting's mecha.

Not too long after, Qiao Ting discovered the reason why Zhao Jun had suddenly changed directions. Ahead of Zhao Jun, that is, within the 5-kilometre range of detection of Qiao Ting's mecha, the A.I. once again sounded an alert, notifying him that there was an unidentified flying object there.

Qiao Ting immediately zoomed in and saw that this mecha which had just appeared was actually from Leiting's battle team. It looked like Zhao Jun had discovered the other's presence and so had changed course in preparation to attack this mecha.

Qiao Ting was just thinking to speed up and rescue his team member when an idea flashed through his mind. He gave up on accelerating, choosing to maintain his speed instead as he moved forwards. He continued to maintain 4 kilometres between himself and the three mecha of Zhao Jun's group, trailing them as they sprinted towards that team member of his. Because he knew who the other was, Qiao Ting did not hesitate to send a heads up to that team member.

That member of Leiting had actually noticed Zhao Jun and the others coming for him as well by this time. When he saw that the one in the lead was a special-class operator, he knew that he was no match for the group and had quickly turned tail to run. This was also why Zhao Jun's group was pushing their engines so far in pursuit. Since they had found prey, they naturally could not let their prey escape from right under their noses.

As he was running, the Leiting member suddenly received an alert from his mecha's A.I., conveying a message from a teammate. His heart leapt in joy, and even as he continued running at top speed, he rapidly skimmed the message. When he saw its contents, his heart settled and he abruptly stopped running to turn around, calmly waiting for the three mecha of Zhao Jun's group to catch up to him.

As Leiting's member had stopped running, Zhao Jun's group managed to catch up to the other a few seconds later.

"D*mn, you run fast!" Zhao Jun's group surrounded the Leiting member immediately. At the same time, Zhao Jun's loud voice rang out from his mecha's loudspeakers, his tone mocking as he said, "Why don't you continue running? You really think I can't overtake you?" If not out of consideration for the two fellows behind him, he would have long caught up to the other.

"I'm too unlucky today, actually bumping into you. However, Zhao Jun, aren't you stooping too low? Actually joining a tiny, insignificant freshmen mecha clan. Isn't this a waste of your talent? If you just don't have a good place to go, as long as you quit this battle, I can recommend for our regiment commander to take you in as a member of Leiting. How's that?" The Leiting member was not flustered, actually speaking up to negotiate with Zhao Jun.