Chapter 451-460

Chapter 451: Brutal and Savage Revenge!

Most people felt that this move of Jiang Shaoyu's was suicidal — using one's weakness to compete against another's strength ... it would be strange not to lose.

However, as soon as Jiang Shaoyu attacked, the situation on the field was unexpected. With a gun in both hands, Jiang Shaoyu was shooting at a rate not much lower than Lin Xiao's, and his marksmanship was very good too. Every beam shot collided with one of Lin Xiao's — an opening began to appear in the encirclement of beams restricting Jiang Shaoyu's movements ...

"Holy sh*t, Jiang Shaoyu's long-range skills are pretty strong too!" Quite a few people exclaimed when they saw this. Mind you, mecha operators who were proficient at both close-combat and long-range combat would typically choose a balanced mecha to fully apply their all-rounded capabilities. They would not do as Jiang Shaoyu had, abandoning one of their strengths to focus on just one strength.

Jiang Shaoyu's counterattack was effective; he was no longer fully suppressed by Lin Xiao as before. The situation began to look increasingly promising for Jiang Shaoyu, and just when everyone believed that Jiang Shaoyu's chance was coming ...

That chance really came! Perhaps seeing how he was fast losing his absolute advantage, Lin Xiao panicked. He suddenly lost control of his initially very steady and rhythmical shooting. He pulled too fast on the trigger of his beam gun and actually ended up shooting several blanks, and the opening which Jiang Shaoyu was ripping through his encirclement became even larger due to this mistake.

Chance! A cold gleam flashed through Jiang Shaoyu's eyes. His fingers flew, and all the engines on his mecha were instantly revved to their fullest, pushing his speed to the maximum limit. Although this kind of operation would cause wear and tear on the mecha's engines due to being pushed beyond capacity, Jiang Shaoyu could not bother about this anymore at this moment. Opportunity was fleeting — if he did not grab this chance and continued to wait, perhaps he would not get another one. At that time, it would most likely be impossible to turn things around anymore.

The speed of Jiang Shaoyu's mecha broke past the limits of a close-combat mecha, instantly drawing close to Lin Xiao. Meanwhile, Lin Xiao naturally did not wish for his advantage to end here. He too revved all his engines, retreating desperately, but he was still slower than Jiang Shaoyu by a beat — the distance between the two of them was eaten up in an instant.

At this time, Lin Xiao lost the distance he had maintained while suppressing Jiang Shaoyu through long-range attacks. In other words, his initially formidable and threatening long-range attacks were now completely useless. In the blink of an eye, the two combatants had switched over from long-range attack mode to close-combat mode.

"Lin Xiao's in danger now!" Seeing this, everyone felt that things were not looking good for Lin Xiao. Once things shifted to close combat, although a balanced mecha is also strong, it still would not be able to beat a true .

This was a battle between aces — even when one side seemed to have an overwhelming advantage, before the fight truly ended, no one would dare to say that victory was certain. Lin Xiao had had the upper hand all this while, but now he had become the disadvantaged party in the blink of an eye.

At this point, Ling Lan frowned slightly, a trace of contemplation coursing through her eyes ... had Lin Xiao truly made a mistake?

Right then, the two mecha on the field were still engaged in a pursuit, one chasing while the other ran, but now the roles had been reversed. The initial pursuer was now the one being pursued, the initial prey now becoming the hunter.

Lin Xiao did not forget to keep shooting with the guns in his hands as he retreated to prevent Jiang Shaoyu from getting closer and pulling him into a close-range grapple, but Jiang Shaoyu was not someone so easily deterred. His predictive ability was very strong, and the evasion footwork he was employing was also one of the advanced footwork at ace level. Lin Xiao's shooting did not give Jiang Shaoyu much trouble, and the distance between the two of them continued to shrink ...