Chapter 521-530

Chapter 521: Chase!

"Your boss, Huo Zhenyu, has already made an agreement. We'll resolve this in the 23rd Division three years later." Ling Lan's expression was plain as she told him about the promise between her and Huo Zhenyu.

Nie Feng-ming nodded and said, "The boss' promise is my promise. Three years later, I'll be waiting for you in the 23rd Division." Nie Feng-ming took a stare at Ling Lan again and continued, "However, I still have to thank you."

Ling Lan was stunned. Why would Nie Feng-ming thank her after she ruthlessly made him lose one year's worth of time?

"If it wasn't for you, Boss Huo wouldn't have suddenly changed his plans to apply for the 23rd Division; our battle team would have then split off into many different pieces. But now, our entire battle team has gotten into the 23rd Division. We can now continue to fight amongst our brothers-in-arms. I am also grateful for the ruthlessness you showed back then. So thank you!" Nie Feng-ming said with a serious tone. After saying that, he walked past Ling Lan without turning around and boarded the warship of the 23rd Division.

Nie Feng-ming's words made Ling Lan's heart shake uncontrollably. In reality, what had happened to Nie Feng-ming last year had made Ling Lan feel disdain; she had felt that this person was a terrible person. But now it looked like she was the one who was short-sighted.

No one person was perfect. Everyone had their own interests and tendencies. Even if they were ruthless towards those whom they hated, they wouldn't admit their mistakes, and they would think it was alright no matter how much they gave to those they loved... In that case, with what qualifications could she judge him as right or wrong?

She took a deep breath, looked up towards the sky above the spaceport and looked beyond the stars. Her heart felt clear, as if a layer of fog that had been clouding her had vanished. She showed a hint of a smile, raised her right hand and placed it on her chest softly to feel the beating of her strong heart.

"There was never a so-called right or wrong in being a human or doing something. It was always about whether it's worth it or not! Thus, in the future, I will follow my heart. I'll do what my heart wants to do."

"What kind of Dao is this?" Instructor Number One's cold voice suddenly rang inside her mind.

"It's my natural Dao and also the Dominance Dao that I created." Ling Lan's eyes gleamed without the confusion she once had about creating a Dao.

"What is it based on?"

"The heart. Whether it be the Sage Dao, Sovereign Dao, Killing Dao or Ghoul Dao... every type of Dao wouldn't be able to compare to the heart, the giving of the heart," Ling Lan said without hesitation. "There is no need to force, to hide, to endure, to agonize and to be reluctant. I think, so I do. It's as simple as that."

As Ling Lan's thoughts moved, the sound of a lock opening was heard—the barrier that had been confining her body and mind had broken. The aura that was originally suppressed by Ling Xiao was now finally flowing through Ling Lan's body and merging with it...

Qi Long and the others who were standing beside Ling Lan only felt that there was an aura where Ling Lan stood, and then they couldn't feel her presence anymore. This odd scene made them very nervous. They all scattered and surrounded Ling Lan to protect her.

The odd movements of Qi Long and the others also surprised the other members of the Lingtian Mecha Clan. Seeing this scene, they all formed an endless wall, surrounding Ling Lan in one layer after another.

On the 23rd Division's warship, the commanding officer saw this on his surveillance camera and his eyes narrowed. "Is it an advancement in physical skills? Even I can't actually tell what his real level is... and he's also well respected in the military academy to have hundreds of people move to protect him. How very interesting. I have to remember this person and hope that the next time I come here, he'll be among those that I welcome."