Chapter 1281-1290

Chapter 1281 My Request
“Major General Lan.” Lan Luofeng saw her grandma calling her, and a look of sorrow and excitement flashed in her eyes. However, she still managed to hold it back and pretend she didn’t hear her grandma calling her by her name. She only respectfully called her grandma ‘Major General Lan’.
As the wife of the top ranking officer in the military, they would often be given pseudo military ranks because it would be more convenient for them to move around. For example, the wife of a general was always the rank of senior colonel. The wives of the three marshals would have the pseudo rank of major general or below.

After hearing herself be called ‘Major General Lan’, the mistress had a sad look on her face. It seemed that this granddaughter of hers was still hating on her husband.

“Luofeng, don’t be angry. We can talk about it. Your grandmother is here. I will definitely make sure you’re not wronged.” The mistress bit her lip and said these words without hesitation. This time, she definitely wasn’t going to let her granddaughter, who had gone through countless difficulties, to be wronged again. She had enough of that.

She had endured time and time again for the sake of her husband’s ambition. However, a person still had their own temperaments and limits. Out of her five sons, four of them had similar temperaments with the First Marshal. To be honest, she had already prepared herself for when they would die on the battlefield. Thus, when reality hit, despite her being pained and sad, she would still be able to endure it. That was because she knew those were the paths her sons had chosen. They didn’t regret it. Even if she was very sad, she would still not be able to change their choices.

However, her fourth son wasn’t like them. Her fourth son was like her. He didn’t have the ambition to rise up to the top nor did he have any dream of becoming a hero of the Federation. He only wanted to be an average person who took care of his family wholeheartedly. That was why he fell in love with an average girl and lived a calm and peaceful life. However, her husband continued to force his ideals on him. He forced her fourth son to marry some other woman because of political reasons.

She didn’t expect that her fourth son, who was always mild-mannered, to have some fire in him. He wouldn’t marry that other woman no matter how much his father had beaten him. It was until she and her younger sister couldn’t continue and watch him get beaten anymore before they silently helped him escape him out of the Lan family.

Back then, she would rather not see her son than to see him get beaten to death by his father everyday.

She didn’t know that in order to continue on with the marriage, the two families meddled with the marriage database. They registered the other woman as the official wife of her fourth son and allowed her to marry into the Lan family. Her fourth son’s actual wife had only been actually registered as his wife after her fourth son begged the help of an imperial hacker.

There were even more disgusting events that happened later. She didn’t even want to talk about it. However, in the end, they cleaned it all up. The Lan family’s reputation wasn’t something such a commoner woman could trample on.

She originally thought her fourth son’s family could peacefully live their life after the whole debacle ended. Although she didn’t see them often, she still would go see them from time to time. The First Marshal knew about this, but he only turned a blind eye. This was why she could continue to endure him. However, she didn’t think that when war had begun, the First Marshal actually enlisted her fourth son into the war.

She was vehemently against it, but she didn’t know what the First Marshal said to her fourth son because he had actually agreed to the enlistment. Before leaving for war, he requested her to take care of his wife and daughter… He said he will definitely return and take in his wife and daughter into the Lan family officially.