Twenty-seven

"It's Hudson, isn't it?"

"Felix you just met me last week, how do you already know who it is?" Jaxon crosses his arms and frowns.

"You two make goo-goo eyes at each other." Felix shrugs. "It's hard not to notice it."

"Clearly it is considering neither of them know the other likes them," I say. "It's exasperating."

"Speaking of Hudson, where did he go?" Isaac asks, looking at Jaxon.

"He's upstairs, so we need to talk quietly." Jaxon pats the air. "Keep your voices down please."

"Good morning Prince Charming." I turn and watch Eli walk out of his room and nearly fall over, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey Jack," he mutters. I hold my arms out and he steps over to me, allowing himself to be enveloped and pulled onto my lap.

"You two are such dorks," Jaxon chuckles. "And to think that there was a time you two hated each other."

"No, I hated him," Eli corrects, dropping his head onto my shoulder. "He didn't hate me."

"I might've disliked you for a time when you first transferred, but yeah, I never hated you." I run a hand through his hair, calming down the strands sticking straight up in the air. "Your hair is ridiculous, Eli."

"I borrow your comb to make it better."

"You need to go do that now."

"But I'm so comfortable."

"Fine," I sigh, Eli wrapping his arms around my waist. "But when you leave my arms you're going to go comb your hair."

"I know." He nods. "But until then, warmth."

"These two are gonna get married." Isaac gestures to us while looking up at Felix. "I guarantee it."

"We're sixteen."

"Almost seventeen," Eli mumbles. "But the point still stands."

"You're already in an actual serious relationship," Jaxon points out. "Should I go pick out your wedding colors?"

"I will stab you."

"Alright, fine."

"And now we go back to Jaxon's love life!" Felix exclaims. He takes a sip of his coffee before continuing. "What are you going to do about the fact that you're in love with Hudson?"

"I'm not in love," Jaxon hisses. "I just might want to be more than his friend, that's all."

Felix's mouth falls open and his eyes narrow in disbelief. "The fuck're you on about?"

"Take it from someone who's in love," Isaac says, pointing at Jaxon from his spot on Felix's lap. "You're in love."

"No I'm not!"

"You cuddle him until he falls asleep and then you don't move until the very last minute you can stay." Eli glares at Jaxon. "What do you call that?"

"Being a good friend!"

Everyone groans and looks at Jaxon in disbelief.

"I will throw this coffee at you," Felix threatens, holding his mug up menacingly.

"You're like Elijah," Jaxon laughs. "Like an adorable cat. You have claws but you're fluffy and won't use them."

"Felix will throw his coffee at you." Isaac sits up and moves off of Felix's lap. "He's thrown water at me before."

"You threw water at me first!"

"You threw a blueberry at me!"

"So that warrants water?"