Eleven

"Hudson, Chase, and Jaxon aren't very subtle, are they?"

"Not in the slightest."

Elisica sighs and starts walking away.

"Hey, hey, hey, woah!" I reach out and grab her hand, stopping her. "We might as well do something. There's no point in coming out here and then going right back home."

"We're at a movie theater with tickets to see a horror movie."

"I know they planned a date for us, but we should take advantage of them wasting money on us!"

"That's a fair point." Elisica looks up at the sky and thinks it over. "Let's do it."

"Hell yeah." I feel a smile cross my face. Elisica grins at me before pulling her hand from mine and walking into the theater.

"Nope." Elisica turns and looks at me, her smile gone. "Can you give him our tickets? Please?"

"Social anxiety?"

"Something like that," she mutters, holding her ticket out to me. I take it, then grab one of her hands and pull her over to the ticket booth.

"Hello!" I exclaim, placing the tickets on the counter. "Two for His House."

"Enjoy your movie." The worker tears off part of our tickets and hands them back to me.

"You can let go of my hand now." Elisica moves to pull her hand away.

"I figured that- sorry." I open my hand and watch as she draws her hand back towards her body. "I'll ask next time."

"Please don't touch me unless I ask you to."

"I'm so sorry, Elisica."

She sighs and pulls her wallet from her pocket. "What do you want to eat?"

"We could just get a popcorn to share," I suggest, walking up to the snack counter with her.

"I'm gonna get a carton of Dibs and a package of sour Jolly Rancher gummies. You want any candy?"

"You got a sweet tooth, eh?" I lean on the counter and watch Elisica place her snacks on the mat.

"Two medium drinks, please," she requests. The worker nods and grabs two cups from underneath the register.

"Is that all for you?"

"And a small popcorn, please," I jump in. Another worker waves and grabs a small bucket, then fills it with popcorn before placing it on the counter in front of me. "And that should do it?"

"That's it."

"Twenty-five seventy-four, please."

Elisica places a twenty dollar bill and a ten dollar bill on the counter only for me to hold my money out just above hers.

"Sorry babe." I flash a smile at her.

"No you're not."

"You're right but it's the thought that counts."

"Enjoy your food." The worker smiles as we grab our snacks. Elisica tucks her candy into her sweatshirt pocket and walks towards the drink dispenser.

"What are you getting to drink?"

"Lemonade, probably."

"No pop?"

"Don't like it."

"You don't like pop?" Elisica stares at me. "What kind of teenager are you?"

"The same kind as you, apparently."