Thirty

"You can turn around." I nod towards Hudson, smirking. "Don't worry, we didn't walk in a circle. You're at a different place."

"I sincerely wish one of you would tell me what's going on."

"Just walk." I push Hudson forward, making sure to do it light enough so he doesn't stumble. "I promise you'll like it."

"I don't trust-"

"Off we go!" Felix exclaims. "Walk, Hudson. It really isn't that hard, though it seems like it might be. Just put one foot in front of the other and you're good to go!"

"I will shove you into the first mud puddle I see," Hudson threatens, walking forwards anyway. "Look, a note. I'm so surprised."

"Not just a note." Felix and I grin at each other. "Take it off the string and look at the back."

Hudson does as he's instructed and his breath gets caught in his throat.

"This is from when Jaxon and I first met," he whispers, looking back at me. "Did you guys do this?"

"Nope!" I chuckle. "Keep walking."

Hudson picks up his pace until we hit the next picture.

"And this is from his birthday party, the second year we were friends." Hudson smiles softly at the picture, then tucks it gently into his pocket. "I remember he broke his arm that day. I think I was crying more than he was."

"Next picture." Felix scratches the tip of an ear before walking forward, making sure not to trip over anything. "Hey, what's-"

"Shut up." I elbow Felix's stomach as I spy my name on a bag half hidden in a bush. "Follow Jaxon."

I reach into the bush and untie the bag as quiet and fast as I possibly can. The bag is a shimmery pink, not quite opaque enough to hide the candy inside.

"Did Eli get you something?" Felix nudges my shoulder once I catch up with the duo. I nod and hold up the bag, smiling softly.

"This is from homecoming freshman year." Hudson grins at the photo between his fingers. "We went as a group. Jaxon and I danced together to two songs, Treat You Better and Just Like Fire."

"How do you still remember- never mind." Felix shakes his head and sighs. "You're so madly in love with him."

"Am not!"

"You've been able to recall when and where every photo was taken."

"That doesn't mean anything about me being in love! That just means I have a good memory!"

"What's my favorite color?" I ask. Hudson opens his mouth then closes it again, looking away.

"Fine, I like Jaxon a lot," he grumbles. "Happy?"

"I'll be happier when you two finally get together."

"Next photo!" Felix gestures towards Hudson, who turns around and takes two steps before tripping.

"You didn't see that."

"It's all on film, Hudson," Felix chuckles. "Sorry bud."

"You're not showing this to Jaxon."

"We absolutely are."

"No!"

"Hey, Jaxon's being recorded too." Felix shrugs. "You two can watch each other be all lovey-dovey."

"Wait, so Jaxon set this up." Hudson plucks the string, watching it vibrate.

"Eli and Isaac as well." Felix nods.