Nineteen

"So when are you asking out Eli?" Darren pulls out the seat next to mine and sits down. Brendon mirrors his movement on the other side of me, then Jaxon and Hudson mirror them on the other side of the table.

"Are you guys ganging up on me?"

"Yep," they all chorus.

"Now tell us your plan, we'll help make it better," Jaxon says, making grabby hands. I roll my eyes.

"I was going to ask him on a date, then ask him to be my boyfriend when it was over."

"You're boring," Hudson declares. "Where are you planning to take him?"

"Where are we planning to take who?" Cameron and Chase come over and pull a chair from a different table.

"Oh, good, everyone's here," I grumble. "I'm talking about how I'm going to ask out Eli."

"You're finally making a move?" Cameron asks.

"It's about damn time," Chase says. "So what's the plan?"

"Ask him on a date, then ask him to be my boyfriend when it's over-"

"You are so boring!" Jaxon exclaims. "You need a better plan."

"Where were you going to take him?" Darren asks.

"Take who where?" Eli comes up and leans over my shoulder. "Hey Jack. Guys."

"You don't even need to ask him out, you're basically dating already," Brendon comments. I flip him off then reach up and pat Eli's head.

"We're planning a surprise for you," Cameron answers. "Now shoo so we can do it."

"You're telling Jack to get a better plan to ask me out."

"Yeah," everyone says.

"Maybe I want to be asked out by Jack in his way." Eli shrugs and moves to sit on my lap. "Did you guys think of that?"

"Well, n-no," Darren stammers. "But we think that he's been thinking on this for so long it should be something really nice and cool."

"So you want him to do something uncomfortable while asking me an uncomfortable question."

"Yes- no!"

"We just think that this should be something bigger than what he's planning," Jaxon replies. "And we want it to be a surprise."

"Wow, I'm so glad you're kicking me out of a conversation that revolves around me." Eli stands up and brushes off his hoodie. "Chase I'm kicking you out of it too."

"But-"

"Please?" Eli pouts and slips his hands into his pockets. "We haven't hung out in so long."

"Okay, fine." Chase sighs and stands up, grabbing his phone from the table. "Text me the plan later."

"Let's go find Holly!" Eli suggests. Chase nods and strolls off, Eli following close behind.

"So anyways-"

"I'm going to do this my way," I interrupt, glaring at Jaxon. "Okay?"

"Can we at least help plan the date?" he whines, frowning at me.

"No."

"But-"

"Jaxon," Hudson warns, reaching a hand behind me and resting it on Jaxon's shoulder. "You of all people don't get to talk about dating things."

"Neither do you!" Jaxon retorts. "You've been on just as many dates as I have."

"I feel like I'm the only one here qualified to talk about going on a date." I slap the tabletop and the duo shuts up. "Unless anyone else wants to 'fess up?"