One

"Are you kidding me?" she scoffs, pushing her glasses up with a scowl etched into her face. "I hate his fucking guts. For a good reason, too. He and I? We're never going to be friends!"

"He really isn't that bad a guy," Darren says. The video displayed on my phone screen ends, and I chuckle.

"She really doesn't like ya', does she?" Brendon laughs. "I think that's a first; a girl hating your guts without meeting you. No, it's a first for a girl not liking you, period!"

"Yeah, 'm not sure what her deal is," I sigh, laying back and staring up at the ceiling. "We've never met. I only know her name because she's the smartest frickin' person in our grade."

"Supposedly, it's because of the school system that she was in before," Darren explains. "Their advanced classes don't work like ours, I guess? I dunno, man. She's just wickedly smart."

"Would she notice me if I was smart?" I mumble, not intending for anyone to hear me. Of course, because my life is a book, Jaxon hears me.

"You like her!" he exclaims. I shoot up into a sitting position and glare at him, forcing myself to laugh.

"You're kidding me, right?" I ask. "She's unattractive. She's unathletic and probably crazy. I don't like her."

"Yeah, he likes Delilah," Darren teases, elbowing my side. I roll my eyes and shove him into a sprawling position, then turn and look at Hudson.

"You didn't hear that," I growl. Hudson stares back at me and shrugs, a smirk resting on his face.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Who knows?"

"Hudson, if you tell your cousin I'm gonna kill you-"

"Are we sure that Elisica's the crazy one?" Jaxon jumps up and tackles me, pinning me to the ground. "You just threatened to murder Hudson. Elisica's jus' quiet. It's cute, and it suits her."

"You like Elisica!" I shout, pushing Jaxon away from me with my feet. "Admit it! That's why you wanted to know if I liked her!"

"Think whatever you want, man, I don't like that chick," Jaxon says, sitting back in his spot. "Y'all up for a game? Found it online, figured we could change up the rules a bit."

"Sure," the group agrees. Jaxon grins wickedly, and I find myself regretting the choice.

"It's called Paranoia," he begins. "One person will ask the person to their right a question, but no one else knows the question. The answer will be said aloud, so everyone can hear it. Then a coin's flipped. If it's heads, the question is said aloud. If it's tails, the question stays a secret."

"I already hate this game," Hudson announces. Jaxon, Darren, and Brendon all point towards me, and I groan, letting my head drop into my hands.

"I get to ask!" Brendon sings, pulling out his phone. Moments later, my phone buzzes and I open the Snapchat message from Brendon.

"This is easy," I laugh. My phone buzzes with a follow-up message, and I snap my attention to Brendon, death nested inside of my eyes. "I know what you're trying to do, and it isn't going to work. Abby."

Jaxon pulls a coin out of his pocket and flips it. Everyone watches the coin, and even though it landed tails up I'm pretty sure we all knew what the question was.

"Any question, right?" I ask, looking to Jaxon.

"Any question, but an honest answer," he replies. I grin and open the chat between Hudson and I, sending a light-topic question.

"Uh, Ja- Jasmine," Hudson responds. The coin spins in the air and lands on tails again. Once again, because we're basic bitches, everyone knows what the question was. The first round of Paranoia is just us asking who each other likes, or who we'd date if we couldn't date our crush. Yes, we gossip. Have you met guys? We gossip more than girls are told they gossip.