Three

After grabbing ice cream, we go our separate ways. I go to work, then come home.

It's nearly ten at night, so the fact that I see Elisica outside is kind of frightening.

"What in the world?" I nearly drop my bottle of Gatorade when I see her. She rides a longboard slowly, taking her time to get wherever she's going.

"Hey!"

Elisica stops and spins around, a smile on her face. She says something I don't catch, and the duo starts conversing. I don't hear anything.

"Go home." They've been talking for about twenty minutes. Elisica sat down on her board about five minutes ago, and Chase is still straddling his bike.

Elisica starts looking around, and then she turns her head and we make eye contact before I can move away from the window.

She says something to Chase without taking her eyes off of me, then proceeds to lift a hand and flip me off.

I open the window as she turns away from me.

"Rude!"

"Fuck you."

"Do you guys want to come inside?" The words leave my mouth before I can really think about them too much. Elisica looks at me and sneers before turning back to Chase. He, however, nods and flashes me a thumbs up.

"We'd appreciate that."

Elisica stands up and picks up her board reluctantly. "I still don't like you."

"Eli."

"Fine, I'll play nice."

"Thank you."

I jog upstairs to the front door and open it right as they get to it.

"Head downstairs, I'll be there in a moment. You can set your board down wherever."

Elisica mumbles something to Chase as they walk down the stairs. I walk into the kitchen and grab a few snacks before heading downstairs. Elisica's board is propped up against the wall right by my door, and she's laying on the floor with Chase laying on top of her.

"You guys look comfortable."

"I am very comfortable, thank you for noticing." Chase smiles at me, ignoring all of Elisica's attempts to shove him off of her.

"Sorry for asking, but are you two, like, together?"

Chase laughs before sitting up. "If we were, I wouldn't be helping."

"Help- I don't need help you jerk!"

"With how well you're doing, I think you do."

"What are you two talking about?" Elisica asks.

"I know for a fact you know exactly what we're talking about." Chase taps Elisica's forehead, making her blink rapidly.

"Well maybe I wanted to hear it out of his mouth." Elisica flicks Chase's forehead. "Think about that?"

"I sure did, but I figured him hearing you say it makes the bet much more interesting." Chase flashes a thumbs up at me. "Right, buddy?"

"At the rate you're going, you're going to be demoted from friend to acquaintance," I reply, falling onto my bed. "Elisica, you know about the bet? How'd you figure it out?"

"I'm not stupid." Elisica sits up. "Jaxon is, though. Also you guys aren't the quietest people in the world."

"Yeah, but like- you always had earbuds in."

All In | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें