Twelve

"So I heard a certain pair of lovebirds went on a date on Saturday!"

"I will hurt you." Elisica doesn't miss a beat with her threat. Jaxon takes a slow step back, frowning.

"I was just curious as to how it went," he mutters. Elisica grabs a racket and shrugs.

"It wasn't a date and even if it was it's none of your business."

"Even after all the trouble I went through?"

"I guarantee you did jackshit."

"I'll have you know I paid for your tickets."

"Wow." Elisica rolls her eyes and walks away. "I really stand corrected."

"Elisica, wait up!" I grab a racket and jog after her to the last court set up. "Who're we versing?"

"Those two." She points across the net at Ashton and Tina. "Heads up, by the way. Tina's serve-"

"You guys ready to go?" Tina calls, holding the birdie out. Elisica and and I nod. I slide my right foot back, expecting a long serve.

She serves and I realize my mistake as I lunge forward, just barely hitting the birdie.

"Nice!" Elisica exclaims. She spikes Ashton's return into the floor and grins at me. "Nice reflexes."

"Yeah, I think I bruised my knee," I groan, rubbing my left knee. Elisica rolls her eyes and takes three steps backwards. Ashton serves right to where she's standing and she hits it back to Tina, who tries to spike it only to have me return it.

We end up winning 11 to 6.

"Good game!" Tina calls, walking towards the teacher. "Hey, we lost."

"You didn't use your side serve," I comment, looking at Elisica. "How come?"

"Didn't think it would work," she answers. I walk to the other side of the court and hit the birdie to Elisica.

"We could get a one on one game going while we wait for our next pair to be done," I suggest. Elisica nods and moves to serve. "But you can only serve side."

"That's so not fair!"

"If you're not confident in your serve than we can't use it to beat those three." I point at the best pairs in the gym. Elisica nods and turns so she's in the right position to serve side hand.

"I did it!" She watches the birdie hit the floor right next to the line. I nod and toss it back to her.

"That was good," I reply. "Now do it again."

"Can't I do the regular underhand on this-"

"Nope, you gotta learn how to do side on both sides of the court." I grin and shift my weight from one leg to the other. "Unless you want to only have weak serves on that side."

"Your on-off thing doesn't affect me, you know." Elisica serves the birdie perfectly. We get a nice volley going until I fuck it up. "Point to me!"

"Elisica, Jack, you two are playing Jonas and Peyton!" the teacher yells. Elisica flashes him a thumbs up as I go to her side of the court.

"They're one of the best pairs, think we can win?"

"Yep." Elisica nods and moves to the right side of the court to receive Peyton's serve. Both of us end up scoring points very quickly, only getting a good volley in twice.

"Game point!" Jonas calls, then serves the birdie to the worst spot. Elisica moves and spikes the birdie into the floor, grinning.

"You gotta win by two, by the way," Elisica calls, reaching out and catching the birdie. "So you would've needed another point had you scored."

All In | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें