31

"Remember: Destination, Determination

"Remember: Destination, Determination...and? Anyone?" Professor Twycross peered around the Great Hall and the glazed over faces of the 6th year students. Every lesson of the twelve week apparition program had begun the same way. Now on the latter end of the program the students had grown tired of hearing about the three D's.

Fred leaned over to the girl standing in front of him, his head hovering just above her shoulder. "Dungbombs, obviously," he cooed into her ear. Fiona smirked at his remark, but had otherwise decided to ignore him.

Heidi shot an agitated scowl at the two. "This is the reason you keep singeing off your hair, Weasley," she growled, her face contorted into the definition of displeased.

Fred leaned away from Fiona and instinctively ruffled his hair, it was less noticeable when it was a mess, he had determined.

Their instructor continued to remind them of everything they had been reviewing over the past few weeks, though the only students particularly interested were the group of Ravenclaw students huddled in the front of the hall.

"She's not wrong," Angelina snickered, she reached up teasingly tussling the uneven patches of hair. Fred swatted her away before slumping into his stance.

Their apparition lessons had been extraordinarily uneventful. Several sixth year students had been sporting missing eyebrows or shoddy haircuts since the lessons began, but all in all, they had remained tediously uneventful.

Half an hour into their practicing, a horrible whaling cry echoed throughout the Great Hall. The sixth year students all spun towards Harold Dingle, who was standing in his designated apparition circle, his left arm, however, sitting seven feet away. Eddie Carmichael was gawking at the limb beside him, his complexion a sickening green.

"Deliberation!" The ministry instructor, professor Twycross squeaked as Madam Pomfrey hushed the frail man as she rushed to Harold's side.

"Carmichael!" She barked, a long bony finger pointing at the arm laying beside him. "Follow me, the hospital wing!" She ordered as she swiftly ushered Harold out of the room. Eddie stumbled forward.

"Merlin boy!" Madam Pomfrey cried over her shoulder. "With the arm!" Eddie stared down at the arm in horror.

"Blood hell," Roger Davies groaned as he dashed from his own apparition circle, collecting the severed arm and sprinted towards Madam Pomfrey.

Once the three rushed out of the Great Hall the room erupted with a surge of chatter among the students. Professor Twycross failed dismally at attempting to regain their attention.

Alfie and George sulked over to Fiona's side, bitterly digging into their robe pockets.

"Thank you boys," Fiona said with a triumphant smile as Alfie took her hand, placing a gold galleon in her palm. George dropped his coin in shortly after.