48.

Without a moment's hesitation, Charlie grabbed Fiona, and then, with a crack, they were gone

As the world whizzed around her, Fiona felt as if her body was being squeezed and condensed until it could fit through even the smallest crevices. Her ears and eyes pounded as they were pushed deep into her skull. Her chest was constricted to only the smallest of movements, preventing any form of breathing.

And then, in the same heartbeat it all began, it was all over.

As Charlie released his grip on her, Fiona collapsed onto the cobblestone ground. The world around them was silent, with only a screeching alley cat welcoming them to their new destination.

Though the air that surrounded her was humid and sweaty, the ground beneath her was dry. Fiona didn't have the slightest clue where Charlie had Apparated them to, but she was certain it was a great distance from Ottery St Catchpole.

"Alright?" Charlie asked as he surveyed their surroundings.

On the ground, Fiona's body shook like the final autumn leaf as a winter gust tore through a forest. She began to reply, but in place of words, a moist gurgle bubbled up her throat, and a foamy substance erupted from her throat. It faintly tasted of the tea she had been drinking only moments ago. "I'm fine," she heaved.

"Come on, it's not safe out here," Charlie said in a hushed voice as he pulled her to her feet. His left hand dug into his pocket and pulled out a small scrap of paper. "Quick, read this," he said, pushing the paper into her hand. Fiona's fingers glided across the flat parchment and frowned. "How?"

"Quiet!" Charlie hissed, he glanced around the empty courtyard. "Bloody hell, I hope this works." He pulled out his wand and tapped the parchment. The scribbled words on the parchment were transfigured into raised bumps. "Now read it," he commanded.

"12 Grimmauld Place?" She read aloud. Charlie shoved her shoulder.

"You speak English don't you?" He said in a hushed voice. He flicked her forehead, for good measure. "Quiet! Just think about what you just read, yeah?" Charlie plucked the parchment from her fingers and lit it on fire with his wand. He let the burning scrap drop to the cobblestone.

Fiona replayed the words on the parchment in her head three times over, but nothing magical was happening. She didn't know what she had expected, it was only an address.

And then, miraculously, something did happen. She heard stones shifting and scraping as if the building in front of her was crawling away. Fiona backed away from the sound, but Charlie held her still. "Hurry now," he said as he pushed her forward and carefully led her up a small flight of weathered stone steps until they reached the large black door that just materialized.

Charlie tapped the black door once, and Fiona listened to locked clicking and a chain falling behind the flaking paint.

Charlie pushed the heavy black door open as quietly as he could. The home smelt moldy and stale, and there was a strange rotting stench that lingered throughout the hallway.