12.

A/N: Hello! I'm sorry for any confusion! Chapter 12 - A Noble Knight has been rewritten and replaced! I'm really sorry about the confusion! I've just been unhappy with the relationship that ensured between Fiona and Fred in that chapter (Fiona had the personality of a soggy avocado) I really enjoyed the chapter, but the outcome in this ending is much better for my vision of this story in the long run. Again, sorry for any confusion! I know this chapter isn't as fun (in my opinion) as the original chapter 12...but it sets everything up better for future chapters.

The title of this chapter is under construction...comment if you have a better title!

If you read A Noble Knight...please erase it from your memory!

Obliviate!

The air was thick and musky when Fiona awoke the next morning, it hung heavy in the room, blanketing Fiona in a scent of cinnamon and sweat

The air was thick and musky when Fiona awoke the next morning, it hung heavy in the room, blanketing Fiona in a scent of cinnamon and sweat. The familiar breeze that gently nudged the Hufflepuff students awake was absent that morning, along with the tender melody of the wind chimes that hung over her bed.

Fiona pushed herself up from her pillow only to discover the cotton pillow case had been replaced with a flesh-like surface. The flesh pillow grunted as she pushed against it. The grunting eventually rolled together, forming a somewhat cohesive sentence.

"Sodoff Oliver, I don't wanna go to practice."

"Fred?" Fiona said in a groggy tone.

As if his name were a key, her mind began unlocking and unpacking the memories from the previous night. She recalled their heaving bodies, intertwined into one surging being. How her whole body tingled with delight under his mesomorphic frame. She had never felt so dynamic, so...so capable.

Capable was not a feeling Fiona was familiar with.

So often in her life she was reminded how feeble and inadequate she truly was. Dysfunctional, defective, broken. Those words had a permanent home in Fiona's head, but not that night. They were alien and distant to her in that hidden passageway with Fred.

A night spent on a stone floor would hardly induce a particularly well rested night, and yet, Fiona had woken up feeling as if a heavy weight had finally been removed. Her heart felt open, as if her emotions had been cleansed. 

As Fred's eyelids fluttered open his limbs began reaching out, stretching and contracting as conscious slowly returned to him. "Mornin', Princess," He yawned with a grin, his eyes lingered on the  dark figure sitting beside him.

"So last night..." Fiona managed while hanging her head in her open palm. Emotionally, she felt weightless, physically, her head suddenly felt too much for her neck alone. Blasted Firewhiskey, she thought.