19.

"What can be moved with a sword but not a word, lies at the feet of gods, but rises on a pillar?" Asked the eagle knocker on the door to the Ravenclaw common room

Roger Davies turned to Harold Dingle and Eddie Carmichael, a confident smirk directed at his two friends. Harold shrugged, while Eddie rolled his eyes.

"Okay, fine, you got me, what is it?" Eddie surrendered as his eyes narrowed on Roger.

"A shadow," Roger stated confidently. The door to their common room swung open. They were greeted with what remnants of sunlight remained in the day. "What's the score? Six for me...four for you, Eddie...and Harold..." Roger said as the Ravenclaw students walked through the common. The group paused for a moment at a large bookshelf that reached all the way to the ceiling of the common room.

"Have you gotten a single riddle all week?" Eddie asked with a smirk as he prodded Harold with his elbow. Harold mumbled something under his breath that sounded like 'I'vegotalotonmymindsodoff'. Though the exact wording was hard to make out. The three 6th year students made their way through the common room and began ascending the staircase to their dormitory.

"Maybe you should have been put in Gryffindor," Roger grinned, while dropping his school bag beside his bed.

"Speaking of Gryffindor," Eddie said after throwing himself down onto his four poster. "I asked that Gryffindor chaser to the ball – Katie Bell," Eddie said with a beaming smile. The tips of his ears were slowly changing to a shade of red.

"Is that the blonde one – with the nice bludgers?" Harold asked with a lascivious grin. Eddie scowled at his housemate.

"No you git, that's Heidi, in Hufflepuff. You sit behind her in Transfigurations...How do you not even know what house she's in?" Eddie asked in a tone that suggested he was nauseated.

"Not exactly focusing on what color her robes are, am I?" Harold said with a slight shrug. Roger sniggered from his bed. He picked up the old and beaten quaffle that sat on the nightstand beside his bed and lazily tossed it to Eddie.

"Well what did she say then?" Roger asked after Eddie caught the quaffle. He tossed the ball in the air, catching it once, before passing it to Harold, who was sitting at the desk in the center of the room.

"Yes, of course," Eddie said, but there was an uncertainty in his voice that indicated the of course, was not the outcome he had expected.

"Nicely done," Roger said. Harold just rolled his eyes. He was still dateless, and finding it difficult to conceal his jealousy as his friends all began to pair up.

"I asked Diggory after Potions," Roger said casually. Harold tossed the ball back to Eddie and leaned in, focusing his attention on Roger.

"Finally throwing her a bone, ay?" Harold smirked. Roger shrugged.