10.

The excitement from the previous night had carried into the morning

The excitement from the previous night had carried into the morning. It didn't seem as if a single Hufflepuff student was taking advantage of a lazy Saturday morning. By the time Fiona managed to pull herself out of bed her dormitory was already empty.

She had suffered another restless night. Her nightmares were becoming more frequent. There was a rotating theme in her dreams. Cedric was dying.

Her dream from the previous night had been the most alarming yet. It had seemed so real.

Fiona made her way to the common room, where Heidi and Alfie were waiting. Cedric and Malcolm had already left for the entrance hall. Alfie nudged Fiona with a playful grin.

"Have any more of those aging potions?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows at her. Heidi rolled her eyes.

"I don't think it'd do you any good," She sighed. Alfie shot her a cold look while Fiona rummaged through her bag to hand Alfie a small vial. He greedily took it.

"Just a drop," She quickly warned him.

As they left the common room they were greeted by Sarah Fawcett, who had evidently been waiting there all morning.

"Fiona! Sorry about last night," She said while rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. "You don't think I could get some of that aging potion?" She asked. Heidi turned her gaze away, pretending as if she did not see or hear the conversation taking place in front of her.

"It's fine, just, not around Cedric in the future."

"So, three galleons, yeah?"

The girls exchanged the coin and potion quickly before Sarah ran off. Heidi finally turned back to Fiona, her eyebrow cocked.

"Three galleons, eh?" Alfie mused with a coy grin. It had not escaped him that his potion came without a cost.

"Small price to pay for a chance at eternal glory," Fiona said with a mischievous grin.

"You're going to get in trouble one of these days," Heidi scolded after a disapproving tongue click.

"Come off it, it's brilliant," Alfie said, pushing Heidi aside.

The three took their time walking to the Entrance Hall, where an abnormally large number of students had gathered. All were eager to watch the older students as they entered their names into the goblet. They made their way over to a group of Ravenclaw students.

"Well, I'm certain I'll get selected, it's in my blood, after all," Harold Dingle proudly stated to Eddie Carmichael and Cho Chang.

"I don't think that's how it works, Dingle," Fiona said as they approached the group. Heidi was also looking at Harold with a tired and tried expression.

"Well, one of my great great great great-"

"We get it," Alfie said with a sigh.

"Well, one of the last Hogwarts champions, before it was disbanded, of course, was a Dingle," He said with a smug smile. Fiona pitied the students in attendance that year; there could be nothing worse than having a Dingle as a school champion.