"Chapter 17"

While Korra stood behind Tarrlok when he spoke to the journalists I was at air temple island.. listening to the speech. He was being to sweet as always but it looked like only I knew about the act that his putting on. How did people even chose him to be a councilman?

'Avatar Korra has bravely answered the call to action. With the two of us leading the charge, Republic City has nothing to fear from Amon and the equalists.'

I heard a journalist yell that she had a question for Korra and listened very closely.

'Amon remains at large. Why have you failed to locate him?'

That's when I suddenly heard Korra's voice.

She better not say something that she will regret..

'You want to know why? Because Amon is hiding in the shadows like a coward.'

A chuckle left my mouth. Korra was not wrong tho. He really was hiding but not from everybody.. I still think about the time where I saw him by the honor party that went totally wrong.

Maybe his up to something big.. but why would he visit me. I know that I said that he should get me himself but I'm slowly regretting that I told that to the equalists. It was more fun when they came then Amon. He was always watching me especially when I don't expect it at all.

Or was it just a vision back at the honor party for Korra. It would be kinda stupid for him to go to a public area all alone..

'Amon, I challenge you to a duel. No task force, no chi-blockers. Just the two of us tonight at midnight on avatar Aang memorial island.

Korra broke those thoughts and my mouth fell wide open.

Did I just hear that right..? Oh god Korra.. what did you get yourself into. But don't worry what ever happens I will be close to you.

It was almost time. I jumped on Meeko and he ran as fast as he could. He knew how much Korra meant for me and how stubborn she was being right now.

We arrived at the bay and Korra was already on her way to the memorial island. Tenzin and Tarrlok turned their gaze to me. Tarrlok had his cocky smile on his face as always and Tenzin had worry all over him and I totally get that...

'Don't worry we'll be watching the island closely. If anything goes wrong-'

'If anything goes wrong then my fist is not gonna be the only thing that you get.' I scolded to Tarrlok and jumped into the water. I used my bending to launch me to the island.

It only took some minutes before I was on the island and I looked around. My eyes stopped when I saw that Korra jumped onto the platform under the statue of Aang. If Amon really is gonna come then I need to have some distance but not to much..

Hours went by and I saw Korra yawning. She was clearly exhausted from waiting for nothing. But it just seemed a bit weird that he didn't come. Would he really let a chance go of capturing the avatar?

Korra stood up and walked away. I followed behind her from a distance. She walked around the corner and that's when I heard Korra yelling. I ran around the corner and was met with nothing.

Where could she be? Maybe they took her inside I thought to myself when I looked at the opening of the building. Some light came from the room and I knew that Korra was in danger. I heard some sounds inside and ran in.

I was shocked to see Korra laying unconsious on the floor. My first instinct was to attack but that's when I saw the familiar mask again..

I hid behind a pillar and peeked around it. He was walking up to Korra and stood still when he was close enough. The fear in Korra's eyes were unbearable to see.