"Chapter 35"

It was already getting a bit darker outside as the evening entered the day with a hard welcome. My gaze fell on the water that was below us as we made our way back towards Air Temple Island. My thoughts were on what Tarrlok had said. It did me good to put him in his place after him hurting Korra like that, but the thing that I couldn't get rid off was Noatak or Amon.. whatever he would be called.

Just his eyes on mine... the audacity he had for even looking me in the eyes after what he did.. or more like what his minion did. It made me wonder if he even knew what that moustache man was doing down there with Meeko. Had Noatak be a part of it or was he innocent of this torture? Ofcourse he wasn't innocent what are you even thinking.

But if I thought he wasn't innocent.. why haven't I even told anyone about his real name.. my eyes landed on Korra who sat in defeat emotions all written on her face. A growl was heard from Oogi before Korra's voice was heard. "I don't understand what's wrong with me. I've memorized nearly all of the practice forms but I still can't produce a single measly puff of air. I'm a failure." She sighed.

"No, you're not. You just need to work through this airbending block." Tenzin advised her making me roll my eyes. "Amazing advice. I'll get right on it." Korra spoke with a hint of irritation. "I wasn't finished yet. You see, Aang not only had his bending teachers, but also his past lives to call upon for guidance. Have you ever made contact with your past lives?" His head turned towards Korra as mine did the same. "No, of course I haven't. Didn't you get the memo from the white lotus? I'm a spiritual failure too."

"You may have made a connection without realizing it." I informed her making Tenzin nod. "Ayira's right. Perhaps something you mistook as a dream." He added making Korra look my way with a hint of doubt. "Maybe.. I had a few hallucinations." The mentioning of it made Tenzin tense a bit up. "But I hardly even remember them."

"And did you see any of the previous avatars in these visions?" Tenzin asked as he turned towards Korra again. "I saw Aang. It seemed like he was in trouble. What do you two think it means?" I shrugged my shoulders in response. "Hmm, I don't know. But I urge you to meditate on these visions. I believe Aang's spirit must be trying to tell you something."

As we finally arrived at the Temple again I slided down to be met by Meeko who jumped onto me. "Meeko! Calm down, please." I chuckled as he licked me of joy. "Come on Girls, I'm sure Pema has dinner ready. Let's not keep her waiting." Tenzin spoke as he made his way inside followed by Korra and I just right behind her.

After the delicious dinner I decided to give the new roomies a small tour of the island. Korra on the other hand wasn't feeling like it anymore as she sat down on a small edge where she could look at Aang's statue. She wondered why she had to be the Avatar while she wasn't even able to make a connection with the others. Tears started to flow down her cheeks while from the bushes I had appeared.

"Korra? What's wrong?" My voice louded as I made my way towards my bestfriend who cried her eyes out. Another voice was heard yelling: "Korra? Are you out here?" And not some minute later Pabu had appeared. A small chirp was heard from him as he ran towards Korra trying to comfort her as he licked away her tears.

I kneeled down and slapped my arms around Korra ending up in an embrace. "I'm here for you." I reassured her as in the corner of my eye I saw the others appear. "There you two are." Bolin's voice was heard making Pabu run up to him. "Are you okay?" He asked as he saw that she had just cried from the dried tears that remained.

"I'm fine." Korra lied. "Come on. What's wrong? You can tell us." Mako asked as Korra let out a sigh in return. "How am I supposed to save the city when I can't even learn airbending? I'm the worst Avatar ever. I just feel alone." She replied as she looked down. "No, that's nonsense. You are amazing." Asami tried to cheer her up.