THIRTY TWO

70 COMMENTS + 5 tiktok followers on lifeofmaliyah and sourwolves! more info on that in the author's note!

✧☾✧

✧☾✧

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Scott asked Melissa as he walked face paced with Haven next to him.

"Honestly? I was hoping that I didn't have to,"

"Everything you've been doing—the extra reading, the summer school saving up for the bike, even though it scares me half to death. Honey, I just didn't wanna disrupt a good rhythm," Melissa said.

"I'm not gonna stop. I-I'm gonna be better this year. A better student, a better son, a better friend, and better everything. I promise."

There was a pause, the son and mother duo staring at one another.

"Okay," nodded Melissa. "He's in room 215, if he isn't already in surgery."

"Surgery? On a werewolf?" questioned Haven, quirking up an eyebrow at Scott, who only nodded and thanked his mom, before rushing away.

Haven stopped before they got in the elevator, her phone going off in her pocket. She saw Stiles' name, turning around to take the call.

"Haven? Are you and Scott okay?" Stiles asked on the other side of the phone.

"Why wouldn't we be okay?" Haven asked.

"Birds just flew into the classroom," Stiles replied. "Like... a hundred of them, crashing into the window and just offing themselves. Shattered the windows and everything."

"What?!" Haven exclaimed. "A-are you okay? No, screw that, I'm coming back."

"What about Isaac?" Stiles asked.

Haven looked up at Scott, who was listening in to the conversation. They merely nodded, before parting ways. Scott went to find Isaac, and Haven left to get back to Stiles.

✧☾✧

Haven rushed in to the classroom, hearing police chatter on the radios, students looked traumatized and broken glass everywhere. Moving over the damage slowly, she saw Stiles.

"Sti!" she yelled, rushing over to where he was sitting on top of one of the tables.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling herself into his shoulder. Her hand went to his newly grown out hair. His arms were at his side for a moment, shocked that she had embraced him so hard. He wrapped his arms back around her, one of his hands going into her hair.

"What about Isaac?" Stiles asked once she pulled away.

"Isaac has Scott," she replied, shrugging. "So, you get me."

She stood off next to him, leaning against his shoulder with an arm wrapped around his arm. Stiles looked down at her with wide eyes, trying to conceal a smile on his face.