EIGHT

✧☾✧

✧☾✧

HAVEN RACED TO THE HOSPITAL,
SLIGHTLY ANNOYED WITH STILES.

When Jackson had called her in the dead of the night saying he was at the hospital, she really didn't care. It was when he said it was because he was dropping off Lydia that she sprung out of bed,

"Stiles told me not to tell you," he had told her over the phone when she asked why she was just hearing about it. "But I couldn't get ahold of Allison, and you're definitely more liked by Lydia right now than I am."

"Is she okay?" Haven asked as she grabbed her helmet to her bike, running into the garage.

"They're going to assume it's an animal attack, but we both know it wasn't," replied Jackson.

"Is she bitten?" Haven asked, her heartbeat quickening. Everyone around her was changing.

"Yeah."

✧☾✧

She looked around, seeing an elevator opening and Jackson walking out with a few deputies behind him.

She walked towards him hurriedly, calling out, "Jackson!"

The normally hotheaded jock turned to face her, panic stricken across his face. He rushed to her and surprisingly pulled her into a hug.

He pulled away from her, holding onto the back of his neck as he looked around frantically.

"Where's Lydia? Where is she?' he asked.

"Hey, hey!" Sheriff Stilinski called, grabbing Jackson's shoulder and making him face him. "What the hell happened to that girl?"

"I-I don't know," Jackson replied, his voice shaking. "I went out looking for her."

"W-what, you just happened to wander into the middle of that field, and you just found her there like that?" Sheriff asked, getting agitated. "Don't lie to me son."

"No, I—"

Noah grabbed his collar, angry, and Haven moved between them until the sheriff let go.

"Dad..." Haven said softly, keeping herself in the middle of them. "He's not lying to you. Lydia came by and told me she was going outside to look for him, and he passed me later, not outside so I told him Lydia was looking for. Whatever happened to her, he wasn't there."

"She's his girlfriend, it's his responsibility."

"No, she's not, okay!" Jackson replied. "She didn't go to the formal with me."

"Then who'd she go with?" Noah asked.

"Do you really wanna know?" Jackson asked, looking at Haven, who looked down.