TWENTY

50 COMMENTS

✧☾✧

✧☾✧

Stiles and Scott ran into the house to see Haven looking around, scared as fire grew from the marble island countertop in her kitchen.

"Haven!" Scott yelled, pushing Stiles behind him when the flames grew. "Hav! What happened?!"

"My-My mom!" she yelled back, glancing to the other end of the kitchen.

Merced laid there, unconscious and with a bloodied forehead.

"I'm sorry," she started to sob, holding her wrist as she cowered away. "I'm so sorry."

Stiles and Scott ran over to Merced, Scott checking her breathing.

"She'll be fine," Scott nodded at Stiles, both of them standing up to look at Haven again.

Scott put a hand out, attempting to calm her down as she frantically looked around, crying and scared.

"Hey, Haven," Stiles said softly, trying to walk in the gap between the island counter and the fridge towards her. "It's okay, it's just me."

"No, Stiles, stay back!" she cried, moving away, only causing the fires to grow larger.

"Hav, if you don't calm down you'll burn your house down!" Scott yelled, making her cry harder.

"Seriously?!" Stiles yelled angrily at Scott. "Shut up!"

He continued his slow walk towards her, the girl hyperventilating.

"Shhhh, Haven. Just breathe, just breathe," Stiles said once he got close enough to touch her, grabbing onto her hands in his, no longer in sight of Scott with the fire between them. "Just breathe."

Scott watched as the fire died down, revealing Stiles and Haven. Stiles looked at Scott with worried eyes as Haven buried her head into the crook of his neck. One of his arms was snaked around her waist and the other held her head as she shook, repetitively saying she was sorry. Scott let out a sigh of relief when he saw that Stiles was able to get her to calm down.

Scott rushed back towards Merced when he heard her groan, the older Salazar getting up with Scott's help. She looked around, seeing that nothing that caught on fire, and let out a sigh of relief. The only thing the fire left behind was a smokey kitchen.

"What happened in here?" Scott asked her softly.

"She asked for her memories back," Merced sighed, letting Scott help carry her weight. "I thought maybe now that she's older, she'd have better control over her magic. I was wrong."

"What do you mean better? Didn't she just unlock it?"

Merced cringed. "For the second time, yes," she nodded with a shrug. "I had repressed them when she was eleven."