TWENTY FIVE

50 COMMENTS

✧☾✧

When Haven came to, she was laying in a hospital bed with an IV in her arm

When Haven came to, she was laying in a hospital bed with an IV in her arm. She blinked her eyes awake, her throat feeling dry.

"Haven?" 

She looked to her side to see Stiles, who was sitting uncomfortably in a chair, attempt to scramble to his feet. He got to the edge of her bed, placing a hand on her wrist.

"Haven," he breathed out with a smile. "You're awake."

"Wh-" she started, but she couldn't speak. 

Stiles grabbed a cup of water, helping her drink it.

"What happened?" she asked, laying back down. "Where's Isaac? My mom?"

Stiles brushed her hair out of her face, bitting his lip. "Um... For starters, Matt's dead. Scott's mom knows about Scott. Scott and Allison aren't really on speaking terms right now. Isaac is currently kind of upset you left in the middle of the night and didn't tell him, and ended up fainting, but is more mad at himself for not waking up than at you, at least, that's what he said."

"Is he here?"

"In the cafeteria. He's uh... he's been awake practically the whole time you've been in here. I finally convinced him to go get food."

"How long have I been here?" she asked.

"Just a little over a day," Stiles responded, still running his hands through her hair.

"And my mom?"

Stiles looked away from her for a second, and she felt like her heart would explode if he didn't hurry up and speak.

"She's uh, she's fine," he told her slowly, nodding. "She's just... she lost a lot of blood after Matt shot her. Turns out witches don't have supernatural healing, that's good to know for future references. But uh–"

"Get to the point, Stiles."

"She's also in the hospital right now. She hasn't woken up, Derek's actually in there right now. You've been in and out of consciousness since you got brought in, but nothing from your mom."

"But she'll be okay, right?" she asked, trying to blink back the tears forming in her eyes while she watched Stiles' gloss over.

"She'll be fine," he nodded.

She nodded as well, looking away from him as she let a few tears fall. He moved so that he could place his chin over her head, silently humming to try to calm her down.

"I wasn't strong enough to stop Matt on my own," she told him between sobs. "I should've been able to do it."

✧☾✧

She sat in the guidance counselor, the school forcing her, Stiles, and Scott to go to sessions with Morrell because of what had happened at the Sheriff's station.