NINE

✧☾✧

✧☾✧

Scott and Allison were now Beacon Hills
resident Romeo and Juliet.

Kate Argent was dead. Derek Hale was the new Alpha. Chris Argent wanted Allison to stop seeing Scott.

But no one knew what was going on with Lydia Martin.

Haven walked back into the hospital holding a bag full of sandwiches for three and a cup holder with three coffees. It had been a long weekend, and Stiles refused to go home despite it being late. She stayed with him the whole time, using his Jeep—which she didn't even question how it got back to them—to get food. Her mom had gone home already, so she picked something up for herself, Stiles, and Melissa McCall, who was on the night shift that day.

Stiles was passed out on one of the visitor chairs with a balloon attached to his hand.

Haven laughed, placing the things down on one of the little tables by the chairs, going to shake Stiles's shoulders.

"Stiles," she said softly, and he only stirred.

"No, no, you first," he mumbled. "Me first?" He started to snore.

Haven shook her head, smiling. She left him there, deciding to just let him embarrass himself and get some rest. She looked around to see Melissa, who walked over to give her a hug.

"Hey, sweetie," she said. "How're you?"

"I'm good," Haven nodded. She went through the bag, pulling out a sandwich and then grabbing one of the drinks. "For you."

"Thanks, honey," she said. "Have you—"

The door to Lydia's door opened, both of them turning to see Mr. Martin come out. He looked at Stiles, sprawled out on three chairs as Melissa walked over to him.

"He's been here all night," Mr. Martin concluded.

"He's been here all weekend," Melissa replied. "They both have."

"Stiles, wake up," Haven said again, shaking his shoulder.

His eyes fluttered and he looked confused for a second, and Haven stepped back and he reorientated himself and got used to his surroundings. He smacked the balloon in his hands a few times before he sat up straight, smiling at Haven.

"Morning, pretty," he said, leaning back in the chair, his eyes still looking heavy as he yawned.

"It's night time, idiot," she said, her cheeks growing warm as she handed him his food and drink.

"What were you asking?" Haven asked, turning to Melissa as Mr. Martin wandered off, likely to get food.

"I was wondering if you and Scott have talked," Melissa replied, walking over.

"About what?"

"Come here," Melissa said, pulling her to the side. She looked deep in thought, like she was wondering how to start her what she wanted to ask. She had helped raise the girl standing in front of her. "I talked to Scott before the dance about how you feel about him."