FOURTEEN

✧☾✧

✧☾✧

Stiles smiled when he saw Haven walking out of her front door. Ever since things changed for his little group of three, they didn't get much one-on-one time when they weren't out trying to help Scott or any of the other wolves. Since the addition of Allison to Scott's life, Stiles watched as Haven drifted away from him day by day and got closer to Lydia and Allison. 

Then, right when Scott was finally getting Stiles to admit how he felt about their brown haired, green eyed best friend, she found herself falling for someone taller, buffer, and stronger than he was. How was he supposed to compete with Isaac Lahey? Even when he wasn't a werewolf, the boy was still in a whole different league that he had been.

So, he decided to stick with what he had been telling everyone for ages: that he was in love with Lydia Martin.

This was the first time she actually let him pick her up in ages. He couldn't help but feel jealous that Derek and Isaac got to find out she was a witch before he had. Sure, he was there when she had unlocked her powers, but he wasn't the first one she felt like telling. Not like before. Not like when she had a crush on Scott, and she came running into his bedroom when they were in the seventh grade to tell him all about it. 

Even liking Isaac came as a shock to him. She didn't even tell him about Isaac, yet Scott told him that she had mentioned him a few times before to her.

When did he stop being her go-to?

Then, he finds out that there were only so many ways for her to control her power, and one of them was to have an emotional tether to someone, but he hadn't been able to calm her down the day she had unlocked her powers. Instead, he got blasted into a wall.

Now, she was walking out of her house with make-up on, definitely an influence of Lydia, looking beautiful as ever. Not that she wasn't always beautiful.

"What are you looking at?" she asked as she buckled her seat belt.

"N-Nothing," he stuttered, starting the car. "You just, uh, you look nice today."

"Thanks, Stilinski," she laughed.

"So, uh, how's witch practice been with your mom?" he asked her.

"Pretty good," she nodded. "Yesterday, I was able to make a rock float for two seconds. Today, I was able to make an entire plant float for five."

"That's good," he nodded. "Progress is good."

"Yeah, I just need to control my emotions. Make sure I don't get too angry or else..."

"Or else Stiles accidentally goes flying into walls?" he finished for her.

She laughed at his answer, shaking her head as she punched his arm. "Oh, please. Annoy me, and I'll do it on purpose."

"How's Isaac?" he asked her.

"Good, we're good," she nodded, smiling as she brushed her hair behind her back, but she frowned. "I don't know. Distant, I guess. He's trying to learn his werewolf life, and I'm adapting to my witch one. But I'm sure we'll be okay soon."