EIGHTEEN

35 COMMENTS!

✧☾✧

✧☾✧

Haven stood behind Scott as he unlocked the door for Derek. A smile on her face when she saw the tall, curly haired boy standing behind him awkwardly. His face lit up at the sight of her two, but both of their smiles were cut short when Scott spoke.

"What is he doing here?" he questioned defensively.

"I need him," Derek replied as the two walked into the clinic. 

"I don't trust him," Scott said, talking  about Isaac as if he wasn't right in front of him. 

Haven sent Scott a stern look as she grabbed Isaac's hand, the two of them following behind Derek.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either," Isaac said to him, sitting down while Haven stood next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"And Derek and Haven really don't care," Derek interjected himself and Haven into the two boys' petty conversation. "Now, where's the vet? Is he going to help us or not."

"That depends," Deaton said, all eyes going to where he was standing against the doorframe to the next room. "Your friend, Jackson, are we planning to kill him or save him?"

Scott and Haven said, "Save him," at the same time Derek said, "Kill him."

"Save him," Scott emphasized as he looked at Derek, both boys shocked with each others' answers. 

Derek looked at Scott hard, like he was annoyed that he was going to have to agree with him and didn't even try to argue. Scott turned back to Deaton.

"Save him."

The five of them went into the next room in the clinic, gathering around the table as Deaton put a bunch of jars in front of them. When Isaac reached out to grab one, Derek quickly grabbed his wrist.

"Watch what you touch," Derek warned him.

Isaac leaned down on his elbows, staring Deaton up and down as he asked, "So, what are you? Also some kind of witch?"

Deaton squinted his eyes at the young werewolf, sassily stated, "No, I'm a veterinarian."

Isaac merely nodded along, Haven humming a laugh at her boyfriend as her hands went to his hair, playing with his curls while he leaned on the table.

"Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin," Deaton told them.

"We're open to suggestions," Derek informed him.

"What about an effective offense?" Isaac questioned.

"No, we already tried," Derek said. "I nearly took its head off, and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up."