TWO

✧☾✧

✧☾✧

Haven sat on the bleachers.

Like normal. Lydia and the new girl, Allison, sat down next to her, but leaving a gap between them since they didn't necessarily know one another. Haven watched in amazement while Scott absolutely killed it on goalie, a position he hadn't practiced all summer.

Maybe this would be the year he made it off the bench, the small girl thought, looking down and shaking her head with a smile.

"Who is that?" Allison asked Lydia.

"Him? I'm not sure who he is. Why?" the strawberry blonde replied, looking at her newfound friend.

"He's in my English class," Allison replied.

Haven watched as Finstock blew his whistle again, the boys on the field shuffling around positions.

"Haven," Lydia's voice sounded, and Haven looked over at her with wide eyes.

Lydia Martin knows my name? she wondered.

"You're friends with him, right? Him and the buzzcut boy who drives a Jeep?" Lydia asked, pointing on the field at Scott.

"Yeah, I saw you with them earlier. You're in my English class, too. All three of you," Allison added.

Haven nodded, softly clearing her throat as her hair bobbed at its sides.

"Yes, Lacrosse God with the uneven jawline over there is Scott McCall," Haven was able to get out without a stutter, her heart beating fast at the fact that they were even talking to her, pointing at Scott. Normally? Haven was able to keep her cool, she was just caught off guard. "And Jeep boy is Stiles Stilinski."

"What the hell is a Stiles?" laughed Lydia at his name.

Haven let out a fake laugh, hoping not to make the situation awkward. "His real name is something else. I just... I was never able to pronounce it when we were younger, so... Stiles it is."

The two other girls nodded.

"Well, since we seem to be the lacrosse boys' girls now," Lydia said, putting her hands together in her lap as she straightened up. "We should have a little girl group bonding."

Haven blinked a few times, trying to process the fact that not only was Lydia Martin talking to her, but she was now trying to enlist her into her clique.