TWENTY NINE

50 COMMENTS!

✧☾✧

✧☾✧

Haven had gone to her mom's bathroom to take a shower since Isaac using hers. She blow dried her hair before heading back. When she got back to her room, the boy was setting pillows on the floor next to her bed.

She gave him a questionable look.

"Derek's taking up the couch," he explained.

She just nodded, going over to her bed and sitting down on it. She watched as he made a makeshift bed for himself on the floor, and thought about how much they sucked at being exes. Only a day in, and they were still in separable. 

He stood up after, facing her. He put his hands on his hips and just awkwardly smiled.

"So, uh, how's the bruises?" he asked, motioning to his own neck as he spoke. 

Her hand went up to them. She winced when she pressed down on them.

"It's fine," she fibbed, shaking her head as if to tell him not to worry. "Your wounds?"

He lifted his shirt up to show her that the marks were gone, and she smiled. She also felt awkward about the fact that he was lifting his shirt in front of her, but tried her hardest to hid the rosy tints on her cheeks.

"Good," she whispered. "That's good."

"Goodnight, Isaac," she told him, the boy sending her a small smile as she turned off the light and laid down.

Maybe this one wasn't my epic love... she thought to herself, turning on her side that was facing where Isaac was. When she peered over the side of her bed, he was laying facing her as well, but his eyes were closed. 

She smiled down at his sleeping state, looking so peaceful.

She turned to face the ceiling, staring at the tree the boys had helped her paint, thinking about how it was that her life got to where it was. Her mother in the hospital, Jackson coming back from being announced dead—yeah that one would be hard to explain—Peter and the unsolved mystery about how Haven made it out of the fire, and Isaac. The boy who thought she didn't need him.

It was going to be a bumpy road.

✧☾✧

The next morning, there was a knock on the front door. Derek groaned, getting up from the couch and going to open it. He pulled the door open, frowning at the person behind the door. Her eyes went wide when she realized it wasn't Haven at the door, a guilty look flashing over her face.

"What?" Derek asked, folding his arms over his chest.

Footsteps on the staircase behind them cut off whatever she was going to say in response. Haven was walking down the stairs when Isaac close behind her. She wrapped her arms around herself when she looked at who was standing in front of her front door, a serious expression on her face.