Chapter 33: Become a Spare Tire in the Love Story

T/N: Hiya guys!  🙋

I know... it's been more than two weeks 😅 I'm really sorry for that. Lately I got so busy everyday that I can only TLing few paragraph per day Orz

I was a bit rush when editing this chapter too, even though I triple checked them already, there might still be some part that I miss 😅 hope you don't mind 🙈

So, happy reading yaa! ❤

~~~

Arc 1.33: Even Getting Married Also Have to Compare

---

From ancient times to the present, a wealthy or a powerful families had to be engaged first, and after the engagement they start preparing for the wedding. Those who take a long time would prepare for a year or two, and those who take a short time also have to prepare at least for two or three months. It was now advocated to simplify the wedding process without extravagance and waste, so getting married now was much easier than getting married in the ancient times.

Sun Ting originally wanted to wait for another six months for Du Hao to marry Ye Chen, but that day she suddenly overheard Du Zhengfeng's conversation with Qin Yuwei. Qin Yuwei wanted to take advantage of Du Yao's recuperation period and had Du Yao and Ye You held a wedding ceremony. No need waited until Du Yao returned to the team and difficult to find time to come back.  Moreover, he could take advantage of Du Yao's wedding period to rest more for a while before returning to the team.

After Sun Ting heard about it, she felt that in the Du family, Du Yao always have everything good than Du hao¹.  She can't let Du Yao also get to hold the wedding first before Du Hao. Furthermore, it was obviously Du Hao  that got engaged first, and of course Du Hao should get married first, so Sun Ting decided to let the two of them hold the wedding in advance. Anyway, they have to get married whether it was earlier or later.

So, taking advantage of Du Hao's vacation time, Sun Ting went to Ye family's house with Sun family and discussed the marriage of Du Hao and Ye Chen.

Sun Ting changed her previous attitude in the Cultural Regiment and enthusiastically discussing the preparations for the wedding with Ye family. She did not look down on Ye Chen at all. Moreover, the betrothal gift ought to be given was a little much heavier. The Ye family felt much better and so they happily began to arranged it.

After the Sun family had finished discussed with the Ye family, Sun Ting pretended not to know that Elder Du and them were about to arranged the wedding of Du Yao and Ye You, she cut before played² and asked Elder Du and the others to step in personally and make the final decision on Du Hao and Ye Chen's wedding.

Du Hao was a descendant of the Du family, but Sun Ting asked the Sun family to take lead in making decisions ahead of the Du family. Elder Du and old lady Du's heart felt very uncomfortable, but did not say anything. After all, it was Du Hao's marriage. No matter how or what Sun Ting wanted to do, the Sun family was the Sun family, and the Du family was the Du family. They, as grandparent(Du), what they ought to do wouldn't be less, otherwise it won't be good if it spread outside and be criticized by outsiders. But in this way, the Du family will hold two weddings within a month.

Ye Chen saw that Sun Ting, the Sun family and the Du family was still attached great importance to this wedding, he felt that he was also valued. So, he happily prepared the wedding matters. Dowry and the likes were already prepared a long time ago. They only needed to add some new daily necessities, and then they can bring them together as the dowry.

It was the first time that Ye Chen saw all of his dowry. Su Ping showed it to him in one by one and then gave him the list to let him keep and manage all these things after married. In the future these things will be one of his confidence³ to live in the Du family.